Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 95622
  • Total Topics: 14125
  • Online Today: 495
  • Online Ever: 1642
  • (August 14, 2014, 05:49:01 PM)
Users Online

Didn't receive your new user activation email?

New user registration is currently broken.  We are looking into finding a resolution to the problem which is basically when you register our servers are not sending out the activation email.  If you've registered between Nov 13th and now, you will not have received the activation email.  Again, we are looking for a resolution to this issue.  Thank you for your patience.

EDIT: As of now (nov 23th), it appears to have been resolved. Sorry for the long wait, and welcome! Attempt logging in again, and resend the confirmation email.

This message will be removed if it proves to be reliable again.

YOU ARE NOT LOGGED IN TO THIS WEBSITE

Please login to your account, or register a new account if you do not have one.  When you view this website without logging in, you are viewing this site in "Guest" mode and you will not be able to see any images and more importantly, won't be able to download any schematics that our members have made available on MCSchematics.com

- Thank you -

This message will go away when you are logged into an account on this site.

448 Guests, 12 Users

Topic rating:
  • Currently 5.00/5

Author Topic: Godcraft's Mines of Moria  (Read 11221 times)

Offline flupperz

• Minecraft Username: flupperz
Godcraft's Mines of Moria
« on: December 04, 2011, 07:15:49 PM »
Original version is hosted on the Godcraft.com server:

Be warned that this is a huge schematic, its 4.5mb in size and a total of 51 million blocks. Dimensions of the schematic are693x576x128

For more pictures be sure to check here

($10 one-time fee to pay for hosting and admin's time)
http://godcraft.com/pages/whitelist-apply/

Official Postings (if not listed here, it has been edited in some way, or stolen):
http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/godcrafts-mines-of-moria/
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RS0X4VBP

Official Project Forum Thread:
http://godcraft.com/threads/moria-v3-recruiting-dedicated-diggers.2496/

All derivative works (including video footage and postings of this need to include:
1. A mention that your work is based off the original work of the players of Godcraft.com

2. A link to this video and/or the original project forum thread listed above.

Otherwise have fun and let me know what you guys use this for! I read all the comments I receive and have included my email in a text file included in the official downloads.

100% legit, original and updated version is hosted on the Godcraft.com server.

-------------------------

Way too many people misuse the term legit, for this reason I will give you an exaustive definition of what legit means for us.

No Flying
No Spawning (No TMI/Too Many Items)
No Speed hacking
No MC EDIT
No Cuboid
No X-ray
No Duping
No TNT (grief free server)
No Voxelsniper

Mobs: Off
Health: Infinite
Food: Needed to sprint but hunger cannot kill you

MC Edit was used only to crop the useless chunks from the release world, and flying is allowed only on the single player copy so we can record footage. (build entirely on Godcraft.com which is notorious for harsh bans for cheating)

The Mines of Moria from Godcraft's server. I wanted to advertise Moria and possibly get some more people to come to the server. Their mines consists of 3 complete halls, 1 hall that is currently under progress, a residents district, a subway that circles the perimeter of the Main Hall, a massive storage room containing over 3.5 million cobblestone, and a subway hub.
The Main Hall was started in November 2010 and finished in February 2011. The dimensions were originally 200x200 but expanded to 206x206 when they carved the pillars out of the wall. The height was dug out to be 50 blocks of open space, then they put in the floor so the final dimensions are 206x206x49 of open space.
The Residential District was finished a few weeks after the completion of the main hall.
The dimensions of the Balrog Hall are unknown, but it only took two weeks to finish.
The time it took to finish the Iron Hall is unknown but it was finished around July 2011. Its dimensions are 160x60 for sure, with a height of 40.
The Forgotten Hall was started around 2-3 weeks after the completion of the Iron Hall, and is currently still being worked on. The proposed dimensions are 240x80x40. The current dimensions after it has all been dug out are 22x70x50, with a 20 deep canyon running through the center. We are just beginning the shop building inside this hall.
Over the past month we have gotten a big influx of members and we completed a whole new hall. The 7th hall took only around 2-3 weeks to complete, and is currently the tallest hall in moria.
Map of Moria

Directions:

1. from spawn, lift down to subway
2. find north and step on the 4000 pad.
3. At some point in the next 10 minutes, type /st 4n4w
4. Moria has a direct line from the 4n4w station.

Expect to be in a minecart for at least 15-25 minutes when coming from spawn, it's an 8000 block journey.

While you are there, look for marker signs for a self guided tour. They are most commonly placed at borders of major sections (entrances to main hall for example, hard to miss them if you stop staring at the epic.)

You have not seen all that Moria has to offer until you've seen the following locations:

Main Hall
Residential District
Iron Hall
Storage
Balrog Hall
Forgotten Hall (current construction)
7th Hall (complete)

Moria around the net:
http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/godcrafts-mines-of-moria/
http://minecraft.worth1000.com/contests/26711/mines (First Place)
http://minecraft.worth1000.com/contests/27024/minecraft-movies (Second Place)

Recreation:

http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/recreation-of-godcrafts-moria-v3/
http://www.mcschematics.com/index.php?topic=4563.0

Unofficial post of Recreation:
http://minecraft-maps.net/mines-of-moria-recreation-with-shops-map/

Moria Recreation is epic in any language:

Playthrough from some fans of the recreation
Part 1 - Part 2 - Part 3

Fans epic quest to find Moria:
Hope you guys come back, there's much more to Moria than you saw in the video.
Part 1 - Part 2 - Part 3 - Part 4 -Part 5 - Part 6

Progress:
January 3rd, 2011
January 16th, 2011
Kane's Video Day 97
January 26th, 2011
Kane's Video Day 147
June 2011
September 2011
Some World 2, and Moria v2 so you guys can compare to our current work:

Founder:
Bagline

Leaders & Creative Design:
Ghostwheel22
Bodydrag
flupperz
Jokers2

I'm not going to update a list of residents, but let me start a list of everyone who's helped with Moria (digging or design mostly.)

Alphabetical Order

Alidaco (Main Hall)
Aeriankork (Main Hall)
Bagline (Main Hall, Residential District, Iron Hall, Balrog Hall, Storage, Subway, Forgotten Hall, 7th Hall)
beno678 (Balrog Hall)
Blunterfawn (Main Hall, Residential District)
Bodydrag (Main Hall, Residential District, Iron Hall, Balrog Hall, Storage, Forgotten Hall, 7th Hall)
Borninla (Balrog Hall)
Brrraad (Main Hall)
burns1200 (Main Hall)
bwpitman (Main Hall)
Cameron146 (Main Hall, Iron Hall, Balrog Hall)
chiefwhackahoe1 (Main Hall)
Dazac21 (Main Hall)
Doublenum (Main Hall)
elpacco (Subway before Minecart Mania)
EmmetIreland (Main Hall)
Erupyon (Main Hall)
evan_b (Main Hall)
FLarAlThor (Main Hall)
flqw (Subway)
flupperz (Iron Hall, Forgotten Hall)
ftcr6 (Main Hall)
Fugner (Balrog Hall)
FwnBoi (Main Hall)
Ghostwheel22 (Main Hall, Residential District, Storage, 7th Hall)
gold_c50 (Main Hall)
GosHansen (Main Hall)
GTA4rox08 (Main Hall)
Imortallus (Main Hall)
Jamiepunkey (Main Hall)
Jcup24 (Main Hall)
JeffJo (Balrog Hall)
Jim_Jam94 (7th Hall)
Jokers2 (Main Hall??, Iron Hall, Storage, Subway, Forgotten Hall)
juggalotruck (Main Hall)
kittykats101 (Main Hall)
Lemmiwings (Main Hall)
Pepzi (Main Hall)
Pizza30324 (Main Hall)
rapidthedominic (Main Hall)
Schimski (Balrog Hall)
Shortysqc (Main Hall, Residential District)
Underfall (Main Hall)
waxdt (Main Hall)
ztww89 (Forgotten Hall)

Special thanks to all the moderators who helped newbies find Moria!

let me know if I forgot anyone.

Rules for Visitors:

pretty much same as server rules

-No Mining on Moria's land. We preserve the minerals for those who help dig a hall.

-No entering private property unless given prior permission. Private residences are assumed to be off limits to all but the owner/mods/admins unless otherwise stated.

-You may enter, view, and/or use any public building, but do not change anything. All public area's that are off limits will have a sign saying so nearby the entrance to the area that is off limits.

-Some places may have location specific rules (for example, a room that is off limits) please follow those posted signs.

-You may explore the beautiful land above Moria, please do not ruin it. ("ruin" includes but is not limited to building, leveling land, taking sand, taking/melting snow, breaking/melting ice, digging through a mountain instead of walking around)

Rules for Property Owners:

0. General Stuff
-Don't be a jerk.

-You may explore the beautiful land above Moria, please do not ruin it. ("ruin" includes but is not limited to building, leveling land, taking sand, taking snow, breaking ice, writing your name, digging through a mountain instead of walking around)

-You may explore the cave systems you find and collect any visible minerals contained within those caves, but you cannot mine in the typical sense of the word.

1. Building Code:
-Upper level plots may build upwards as high as they like so long as they do not build above ground.

-Bottom level plots may build down to bedrock.

-Lateral and/or Vertical boundaries cannot be surpassed unless two adjacent plots wish to connect with each other.

-The front "pillar-like" design of the plots should remain intact.

-Items sticking out in front of the plot must be approved. (signs and flowers like trade are pre-approved)

2. Land Ownership:
-You own the lot and may sell or rent it.

-You may only own 1 plot at a time.

-Sales must be logged with Moria leadership.

-I can't think of anything you can't use the land for. (home, store, farm.... all three? your choice.)

-Materials contained within your plot are yours.

3. Eviction:

-If you are perm-banned from the server, you forfeit your plot and possessions contained within it.

-If you are temp banned for any reason relating to an offense against Moria you may be evicted.

-If you are determined to have quit the game, we may evict you with a 2 week notice posted on your property. (replying to the notice within the 2 weeks will cancel the eviction)

-If you are evicted, your possessions of value that can be readily found will be moved to storage until you pick them up. If you are perm-banned, we will hold onto your possessions for 2 weeks for you as a courtesy in case the ban is lifted. After that, they become property of Moria.

4. Access to storage (residents only):

-You may not sell anything you get from Moria's storage (leaders may sell for us in our store)

-You have free access to cobble, dirt, gravel, flint, and redstone for personal use. (on your plot, for public projects like extending the roads out from spawn, or for other personal projects that are not on Moria's land.)

-Get authorization from a leader first if you plan to use a lot. (lets say a "lot" is ... 5 double chests for cobble, 1 double chest for dirt/gravel, and 2 stacks for flint/redstone)

-Access to other materials will be restricted, but don't be afraid to ask for some. (for example: I think I have atleast 2 full double chests of coal stashed)

Public Project Digging Rules:

for when we start digging again...

-Dig top down.

-Mine minerals as you find them. (they're yours to keep)

-Store everything in public storage.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 07:19:05 PM by flupperz »
Recreation of Godcraft's Mines of Moria: http://www.mcschematics.com/index.php?topic=4563.0

Offline Xiraxis

Re: Godcraft's Mines of Moria
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 02:11:10 PM »
i aplaud you and your team for finishing this incredible, unbrlieve, munumental project

i realy like column halls with archs

good job!

Offline Lodorenos

• Supporter
  • Schematics Rendering
    • Minecraft Innovations
  • Minecraft Username: Lodorenos
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 02:27:02 PM »
MOTHER OF GOD! This is amazing. You will have the High Roller award in no time at all!
Here, have my +1's, have them ALL!

Offline Tmio22

• Minecraft Username: Tmio22
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2012, 12:50:38 AM »
This map is amazing, the orignal people who had the plains for making this are unbelievable.

the Legit part is amazing as well. most people would have used a "mod program."

Offline vaagventje

• Hooked on Internet? Help is a just a click away.
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2012, 02:11:39 PM »
well done good sir. i really have no word for it, i'am mind blown  :diamond: :diamond: :diamond:
The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity.

Offline Bellaabzug21

• Minecraft Username: vempire
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2012, 10:04:14 PM »
*thinks* eh it's probably just another two block high tunnel. *looks at pictures* holy s***

Offline kewin123123

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2012, 11:38:06 AM »
MOTHER OF GOD! I have one question only. Howe long have you been building it?  :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond::diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: Emm I can only say I love it. Keep going!

anything