Minecraft Schematics

Support MCSchematics

Please consider donating what you can to keep MCSchematics.com running and free for all.  All donations, no matter how small or large are helpful and appreciated. Your donations go towards helping to offset the costs of running this site as well as keeping it Free for everyone. Relatively few members donate (compared to the 204,000+ members we have not even 0.01% donate)  so your donation could mean the difference between MCS being here tomorrow or not. Donation page Thank you, -CB-

Recent

NOT RECEIVED YOUR NEW MEMBER ACTIVATION EMAIL, READ THIS.

There was a problem with our email server on Feb 28 and March 1st that would affect a possible 400+/- new member registrations. If you have not received your new member activation email, please click the link below and read the information provided. http://www.mcschematics.com/index.php?topic=15079 This message will go away when you are logged into your account, it is only visible to guests.

YOU ARE NOT LOGGED IN TO THIS WEBSITE

Please login to your account, or register a new account if you do not have one.  When you view this website without logging in, you are viewing this site in "Guest" mode and you will not be able to see any images and more importantly, won't be able to download any schematics that our members have made available on MCSchematics.com

- Thank you -

This message will go away when you are logged into an account on this site.

278 Guests, 31 Users

Author Topic: Lightning bolt entity.  (Read 3979 times)

Offline Crazy ManMan

• Supporter
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
    Attack Member
  • I am crazy-zy!
  • Awards This member has donated to this website!
    • Awards
  • Minecraft Username: rekad
Lightning bolt entity.
« on: December 03, 2011, 07:40:04 AM »
In minecraft there are entities (items laying around, mobs, used arrows, etc.) and lightning is one of them (according to the wiki). I was wondering if somebody could capture a lightning bolt entity using mcedt and post a schematic file of it. I believe the entity only spawns on lightning strikes. I would appreciate the help.
"...and though the they may stain the ground with our blood, our sweat, and our tears; they will never stain it with our hope!" -Landyn Haskin

Minecraft Schematics

Lightning bolt entity.
« on: December 03, 2011, 07:40:04 AM »

Please login to your account, or register a new account if you do not have one.  When you view this website without logging in, you are viewing this site in "Guest" mode and you will not be able to see any images and more importantly, won't be able to download any schematics that our members have made available on MCSchematics.com

- Thank you -

Offline User Deleted Accounts

Re: Lightning bolt entity.
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2011, 07:48:46 AM »
That's almost impossible. You'd have to know when and where its going to strike and then be able to make a schematic of it while its striking, which i believe is a split second. You could possibly use SPC to make them strike where you want and quickly quit the game just as they hit the ground.

Even then if you did export them in, they'd strike as soon as you start the game again. So kind of pointless.

Offline Crazy ManMan

• Supporter
    Attack Member
    Attack Member
  • I am crazy-zy!
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2011, 08:26:30 AM »
That's almost impossible. You'd have to know when and where its going to strike and then be able to make a schematic of it while its striking, which i believe is a split second. You could possibly use SPC to make them strike where you want and quickly quit the game just as they hit the ground.

Even then if you did export them in, they'd strike as soon as you start the game again. So kind of pointless.

I almost caught one but my trigger finger is just a little bit to slow. I would use the lighting bolt all the time just spamming the crap out of it like I do with TNT and also it would be interesting to try and have lighting strikes in the nether (and the end when MCedit updates).
"...and though the they may stain the ground with our blood, our sweat, and our tears; they will never stain it with our hope!" -Landyn Haskin

Offline klup89

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2011, 06:19:33 AM »
In minecraft there are entities (items laying around, mobs, used arrows, etc.) and lightning is one of them (according to the wiki). I was wondering if somebody could capture a lightning bolt entity using mcedt and post a schematic file of it. I believe the entity only spawns on lightning strikes. I would appreciate the help.
i do have an lightning creeper i wonder or you are interested in it?  :mobcreeper: photo made while using  texture pack ashermadan

Offline klup89

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2011, 06:36:56 AM »
or just download  singleplayercommands http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/94310-100-single-player-commands-v30-new-update/#normalcommandlist

Offline minecraftnub

Attack Member
    Attack Member
  • Awards This award is given to members that play on our Minecraft game server
    • Awards
  • Minecraft Username: itz_marathon
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2011, 06:41:51 AM »
Hehe...That lightning creeper will come in handy ;)

Oriental style watchtower/outpost: http://www.mcschematics.com/index.php?topic=3218.msg22367#msg22367

Oriental style base: http://www.mcschematics.com/index.php?topic=3245.msg22577#msg22577

CLICK ON THE EGGS, IF YOU DON'T MY DRAGONS WILL DIE!!!
http://dragcave.net/user/dolzak

Offline Crazy ManMan

• Supporter
    Attack Member
    Attack Member
  • I am crazy-zy!
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2011, 09:34:47 AM »
i do have an lightning creeper i wonder or you are interested in it?  :mobcreeper: photo made while using  texture pack ashermadan

Thank you I was looking for one of these a while back but it was not urgent enough to post in the help.

or just download  singleplayercommands http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/94310-100-single-player-commands-v30-new-update/#normalcommandlist

I do not use mods because I do not want to deal with it until mod support comes put, but thank you anyway.

Hehe...That lightning creeper will come in handy ;)

XD I will probably make an army of lightning creepers, just for fun.

Offline Crazy ManMan

• Supporter
    Attack Member
    Attack Member
  • I am crazy-zy!
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2012, 03:19:51 PM »
Okay after multiple attempts and hours of searching the best I could find is one comment by one player stating that lightning bolts do not even have an actual entity ID and are just events. I do not know if this is true but apparently there is a mod to make permanent lightning, but since I am not so good a working with installing mods, I can not use it myself to catch a lightning bolt schematic, and MCEdit still has not been updated for the new world type, so I have no way of putting it in a schematic.

Offline Scaget

• Supporter
    Defense: 105
    Attack Member
    Defense: 105
    Attack Member
  • I am never late, everyone else is just early.
    • Enjin
    • Awards
  • Minecraft Username: Scaget
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2012, 03:26:51 PM »
i'll try to get one :/ don't look to soon though
I am the ultimate Procrastinator~
Gaming console that creates its own games: http://otonx.kickoffpages.com/?kid=31F6R
McEdit program website: www.mcedit.net
SafeEdit (WorldEdit block to tick allocation plugin): http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/safeedit/
WorldEdit (McEdit server plugin) download: http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/worldedit/

Offline calo4562

• Supporter
    Attack Member
    Attack Member
  • If you read my topics, COMMENT ON THEM OR DIE!
    • Biohazard Adventure Map: WIP
    • Awards
  • Minecraft Username: Calo170
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2012, 03:59:35 PM »
Lightning isn't an entity, Notch said himself there is no part of set code for lightning, it's a dynamic feature of the weather, and since it's dynamic it looks realisticish (Not really, but better than a static picture.)
Please give me diamonds, as they will go to funding the C.S.D.P.(Creeper Spawn Destroyer Project). DOWN WITH CREEPERS! XD (Gold ingots are also accepted!)

Click on this picture please! It's my WIP Adv. Map!

Offline Sean_Gordon

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2013, 08:15:29 PM »

I could make spawners for a map

Offline Razor_S_Edge

• Attack: 91
    Defense: 91
    Attack Member
  • Attack: 91
    Defense: 91
    Attack Member
  • Razor-Craft Owner
    • Razor-Craft
    • Awards
  • Minecraft Username: Razor_S_Edge
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2013, 09:51:10 PM »
www.Razor-Craft.com - A Minecraft Community.  Share your Schematics and More!