Stats
  • Total Posts: 96159
  • Total Topics: 14165
  • Online Today: 525
  • Online Ever: 1642
  • (August 14, 2014, 05:49:01 PM)
Users Online

YOU ARE NOT LOGGED IN TO THIS WEBSITE

Please login to your account, or register a new account if you do not have one.  When you view this website without logging in, you are viewing this site in "Guest" mode and you will not be able to see any images and more importantly, won't be able to download any schematics that our members have made available on MCSchematics.com

- Thank you -

This message will go away when you are logged into an account on this site.

494 Guests, 14 Users

ENJOYING THE VIEW?

Thanks for stopping by McSchematics.com, home to over 10,000 schematics!

After choosing some schematics to download from our wide variety of schematics available to you, please feel free to enlarge this collection by including your own builds, be it complete ones or simply parts or pieces of a larger build that never came to fruition. Who knows? Maybe your schematic(s) will at the top of the frontpage for the whole world to see.
Topic rating:
  • Currently 4.75/5

Author Topic: Project Azeroth  (Read 60451 times)

Offline evilhorse

Project Azeroth
« on: September 08, 2011, 11:02:58 AM »
Welcome to my World of Warcraft 1:1 project

This project, as the name suggests will see my and my brothers recreate the world of Azeroth in it's fully 1:1 blocky glory. This thread will be a work in progress for quite some time. As if you haven't noticed, Azeroth is rather big.

The zones I wish to recreate are all of the vanilla wow locations, most Cataclysm places as well. And I'm even thinking of doing some or if not all of the Outlands.

Northerand is a no, it is simply too impossible to do. Since the lowest part of Northerand, to the highest peak. Is around 40,000 blocks high. I've done many calculations and have come to the conclusion that recreating Azeroth and Outland is definitely possible. Though it won't be an exact copy of course, due to the limitations of minecraft.
Mountains will need to be shorter, Sea's will need to be shallower. But that's generally the only problem I'm facing. Due to Minecraft's expansive world, Length and Width is not a problem. It's the height issue. Notch has hinted that the height limit can be changed in upcoming updates, from 128, to 578. (or something.) This will greatly aid my work indeed, and open a lot more horizons for me to explore, and will minimize the amount of corners I am forced to cut.

At this time of posting this thread, I am currently working on what Blizzard devs call 'modular buildings.' These are if you like standard issue buildings for all the races.

For example, Inn's houses, forges, barracks, churches. You know, buildings that are basically copied and pasted all over the world.

If you want updates on what buildings I've done, check through the various posts. They're all there.

NOTE: Dwarvern buildings are always built into the side of mountains or hills. Therefore the buildings I have made have to compensate for this. The mountains are not made yet, so the Dwarvern buildings may not look right until they are.

Screens will come soon

Stay tuned for updates! Any feedback will be great!
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 03:56:49 PM by evilhorse »

MCSchematics

Project Azeroth
« on: September 08, 2011, 11:02:58 AM »

Please login to your account, or register a new account if you do not have one.  When you view this website without logging in, you are viewing this site in "Guest" mode and you will not be able to see any images and more importantly, won't be able to download any schematics that our members have made available on MCSchematics.com

- Thank you -

Offline algia

• Minecraft Username: algiaa
Re: Project Azeroth
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2011, 11:37:41 AM »
Blimey, Just the cities themselves are a challenge, but the whole map?
Its A shame about Northrend though, but I can see the difficult with places like ulduar, temple of storms and Icc.
any chance of some pics of the buildings you've completed? (doesn't really matter much).

Also, Dont know if you know this already. but you could use World painter to create the landscape very easily.
DL link:
good luck to you sir, I cant wait to see the progress over time.

p.s writing this makes me miss WoW's pretty map a bit </3.
though most of the players and gameplay isn't so pretty theses days ((imo))

My Schematic archive: http://www.mcschematics.com/index.php?topic=8940.msg61174#msg61174
Brand new! Akorrimholm, the Great Hall. [guild hall/mead hall.]. http://www.mcschematics.com/index.php?topic=12202

MCSchematics

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2011, 11:37:41 AM »

Offline evilhorse

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2011, 05:29:36 AM »
I'm trying frantically to get some pictures up. But the websites servers just don't seem to want to handle it.

I will keep trying though.

The abbey is pretty much the same as the original, barring the European style tiles for the roof.

The human inn still needs a little work on the interior. But I'm quite happy with the exterior

The Large home if you don't recognize it is the one in Goldshire by the lake.

The trader Caravan is... well, a trader caravan. I think it looks rather cute :)

And the forge you'll notice has a higher roof. I don't want to use blue coloured wool for the roof, It didn't look right. I also want to make some bellows from redstone and pistons. If anybody can make a 2x6 row of pistons that can go up and down in succession, then I'd be very grateful.

More pictures will be coming soon. 
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 05:33:56 AM by evilhorse »

Offline evilhorse

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2011, 05:41:25 AM »
Day 3.

And here are some more images. Mostly of Work in Progress pieces, and Dwarvern modular buildings.

The dwarvern  buildings look like utter crap, and there is a good reason for this. 100% of all dwavern buildings are built into mountains or hill sides. So obviously I have to compensate for that a little bit.

For example, it's almost impossible to make a modular dwarvern house, because 99% of it is inside the earth.

Also remember there will be a lot of snow, or moss, or vines on the end products depending on the area it's placed in. So it won't look this bare all the time.

Disclaimer: The gates of ironforges design was designed by somebody else. I didn't make the design. But the one you see in the image is what I've built, copying the players design. So please don't flame me for stealing some guys work. I asked his permission to use his design, and he said yes. If it counts toward anything, I actually doubt I will use this in the final version. Unless notch raises the height limit, it may be too tall for any situation.

And here's a work in progress Human barracks too :D

Offline algia

• Minecraft Username: algiaa
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2011, 08:10:40 AM »
Wow, this is looking very promising, the gates of Iron forge have an amazing amount of detail. Even for people who dont like wow at all should admire the challenge you've set yourself.

I'm trying frantically to get some pictures up. But the websites servers just don't seem to want to handle it.
Yeah the sites always been like that :/

I also love how your playing WoW as you took the screenshots :D
My Schematic archive: http://www.mcschematics.com/index.php?topic=8940.msg61174#msg61174
Brand new! Akorrimholm, the Great Hall. [guild hall/mead hall.]. http://www.mcschematics.com/index.php?topic=12202

Offline evilhorse

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2011, 10:12:14 AM »
Thanks Algia :D I used that program you recommended me, I've spent most of today just getting used to using it. It's a very high chance that I'll actually end up using it :P

And my building rate will slow. Because what you can't see on the screenshots I've provided is how all the inside of the buildings are like WoW. Every home is a home basically.

I also forgot to mention that I'll be releasing a texture pack with it as well. My main goal will be to replace that wretched block of iron texture!

Offline matthewianmcc

• Supporter
  • Minecraft Username: mattianmcc
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2011, 10:28:41 AM »
Man, you've set quite a task for yourself.  Coming from someone who knows a bit about that, I hope you have plenty of free time and an understanding girlfriend cause you'll need both and a whole lot more.  If you've got what it takes you'll end up with something incredible,  But I would recommend asking for help as a good percentage of people on this site have played or play WOW currently.  I'm sure you can find a group willing to get this done.  Good luck  [tup]

MY SCHEMATICS

Not enough room for them all here anymore, so go here:  http://www.mcschematics.com/index.php?topic=7798.msg54594#msg54594

Offline evilhorse

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2011, 10:34:33 AM »
Luckily for me, my girlfriend helps me from time to time :P

And yeah, I probably will ask some people for some help.

I'll most likely ask people for some decent sized custom trees soon, I need a LOT of varying trees. I'm just getting all the easy bits out of the way, i.e all the structures.

It's the terraforming I'm dreading.

Offline matthewianmcc

• Supporter
  • Minecraft Username: mattianmcc
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2011, 10:40:18 AM »
I'm your tree guy,  I've done a bunch with forester so I could just make schematics of a bunch if you like.  I was thinking about releasing a bunch anyway, cause forester takes FOREVER to work.  I'm also familiar with some good landscaping techniques, but there are those who are better on this site.

Oh and here's a pick of a tree with glowstone leaves, but this is easily converted.

MY SCHEMATICS

Not enough room for them all here anymore, so go here:  http://www.mcschematics.com/index.php?topic=7798.msg54594#msg54594

Offline Jakerylander

• Pokemon+Minecraft=Epic (Simple Math)
  • Minecraft Username: Jake_Rylander
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2011, 10:42:33 AM »
Dang, that's a pretty nice tree you got there.
Don't Mess with the Go-Rock Quads :P

Offline IronMike

• www.bgic.webs.com
  • Minecraft Username: IronMike333
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2011, 10:43:23 AM »
This looks promising, I'll back you guys up 100%.

Good Luck and Godspeed,
                                IronMike333
"Well, I guess there is retarded people out there that has serious complains. - Margarita"

Offline evilhorse

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2011, 10:53:06 AM »
I'm your tree guy,  I've done a bunch with forester so I could just make schematics of a bunch if you like.  I was thinking about releasing a bunch anyway, cause forester takes FOREVER to work.  I'm also familiar with some good landscaping techniques, but there are those who are better on this site.

Oh and here's a pick of a tree with glowstone leaves, but this is easily converted.

That tree is godly. I'll take any tree you have, or can make. I'm sure i'll use all of them in the final version. All credit will go to you of course :)

But yeah, I really need some help over the sheer amount of foliage in WoW. That's because for every zone in WoW there are about 10 or so native tree's. If you can count all the zones in wow, you can do the math. I'll make some trees myself, but I'm generally useless at them.

Offline evilhorse

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2011, 04:48:56 PM »
End of day three.

I haven't really done much in the way of creating the modular buildings today.

Instead I've been reacquainting myself with World of Warcraft itself. I took to the skies exploring all the modular buildings I could remember, to see what sort of changes they had between them.

I was actually quite surprised. The 'big house' for example is the standard house for a farmstead in the Westfall region. It is dramatically different to the one on Elwynn forest and Redridge valley. I may have some more work cut out for me. I also noticed some buildings I totally forgot about, such as the town hall, saw mills, grain towers, and barns. They won't be too hard to do.

The barracks is proving difficult to get right. I spent most of my creation time trying to get the inside looking right. I'm 100% happy with the first floor now. Now for the second and third floor. The second floor is just hallways and stuff, no big deal. The third floor is what I'm dreading, I'm having many height issues with it. I got a lot of calculations wrong on this building. I suppose I'll just wing it.

The first screen is the WIP barracks. As I said, sorry I haven't got much done.

The second screen is of the stair case room. It's completely unfurnished at the moment. I'll furnish it when I've finished the building.

The third screen is of a hallway. Enjoy.

Offline evilhorse

« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2011, 05:53:31 AM »
Day 4.

I spent all of this morning working out some maths on all the areas to see if they are possible. For the most part, yes. They are possible. However for some area's like Winterspring. I will have to do some sort of perception tricks to make it seem like it's on a mountain.

Mount Hyjal will have to be blocked off like it was in previous WoW.... As it's 60 miles high.

Just to confirm, I am doing WoW as it is in cataclysm. But I'm going to list the areas in which I think are impossible. (of course if you want to have a crack at them, an are successful, then by all means make it, and send it in. I will be happy to edit it into the world, and give you full credit.)

As I said, all of northerand is impossible, even with a raised height limit. Although I'm toying with the idea that the area's on Northerands south coast are possible. (which they totally are) So I may just Include Borean Tundra, Dragonblight, Grizzly hills and howling fjord, MAYBE Sholazar Basin, and block off the northern regions.

The Exodar is impossible. It goes too high, and too low. In fact, I tried making a few draeni buildings and they just looked... well crap. So I doubt the Exodar and surrounding lands would even be worth it.

Teldrassil will have to be... erm, improvised. As it's a freaking massive tree region. But other than that, all the rest of Kalimdor is totally possible.

All great sea islands will be done., including the maelstrom.

All Eastern Kingdoms will be done as far as I can see. There will have to be some corners cut on the size of some mountain ranges, but it's possible. Vashj'ir can't be done. As it's all underwater. And even if I did build it, the player wouldn't be able to stay there long. But yeah, Eastern Kingdoms from the Island of Quel'Danas all the way down to the cape of stranglethorn. If you add up all the landmasses, that's a good 97 square miles of minecraftin' Azeroth. It's gonna be tough.

As I haven't started creating yet, I thought I'd supply your lust for pictures with the interior of some of my structures. Not much, I'll have more by the end of the day. Enjoy!

Offline evilhorse

« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2011, 12:59:44 PM »
Day 5. I've finished the barracks, done a human guard tower and some varying barns.

However I'm going to hold out on screen shots for today. The reason? Well because I've seen a block called stone brick that is available in the 1.8 release tomorrow. It is so freaking perfect for around 70% of human structures. I'm really frustrated it wasn't released earlier!

But yeah, I saw it on a yogscast video. The stone block comes in stair form, and mossy form. Which is freaking brilliant! So while the tower and barracks are finished, I'm going to spend some time changing all the areas that use smooth or sandstone in stone blocks place. One the stone block is in, i'll be happy with the structures, and release some updates photo's.

Now I play the waiting game. Roll on 1.8, so I can get some work done.

Offline evilhorse

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2011, 03:51:39 PM »
Still waiting for this 1.8 to be officially released. As soon as it is, I will hastily revamp all the buildings I made with whatever texture needs replacing.

I built some more wood based building today, and I built a Dwarvish manor house.

I built a human stable, and a logging camp. I held off from starting on the Town hall building, as it uses that stone block I want to use. I also held off from doing mages towers for the same reason.

I also did a lot of research, I flew around the lower level areas looking how much the modular buildings varied depending on what area they were in. For instance, the buildings in Elwynn forest and Redridge are pretty much the same. A few differences here and there, but not too much. In Darkshire, everything was really worn, and shabby. The wooden floor I've used would have to be replaced with cobble stone and such. But, the buildings in westfall have both cobblestone floors, and a bloody straw roof! I don't know what I will use for that! I may just have to use wooden stairs.

I did lots and lots of calculations, and realized that the dead mines instance was a tad too long. Because WoW condenses instances into separate areas so it doesn't screw up the geography. But no biggy, I have no problem with making the mines smaller.

I was also toying with the idea of Alpha releases. I'm starting in Elwynn forest, granted. But the highest I will go for the moment are places like searing gorge, and burning steppes. I will go straight down to the architectural nightmare that is Booty Bay. But yeah, this continent if you will is called... erm, well it doesn't really have a name in any part of the lore. Which is frustrating. It's just known as 'azeroth.' That's like calling Asia, Earth.

But if you didn't know, the Eastern Kingdoms are made up of 5 continents. Azeroth (Mostly human), Khaz Modan (Mostly Dwarf), Lordaeron (Mostly Undead), Quel'Thalas (mostly blood elven), Kul Tiras (mostly worgen).

I have done next to no calculations regarding any of Kalimdor (The other large landmass) which has around 4 continents. South, North, Central, and The islands. Obviously Hyjal is a no. Full stop. That bloody mountain (In the lore anyway) Is around 4 times the size of Everest, and if that wasn't enough, it has the largest tree in the universe on top of it called Nordrassil. Just... Impossible. Even if the height limit became unlimited. I'd probably find myself spending months on the mountain alone.

The island nations shall be fun, I really can't wait to get to Zandalar. Because it has no visual, ever. Nobody knows what Zandalar looks like, other than it's a jungle biome, and has a quite ruined ancient city on it. Other than that, nothing. Fun!

Anyway, hopefully I'll get the newest screen shots to you soon. I'm working on getting some dedicated world builders, to create some areas for me. Full credit will be given. And don't forget to mail me, or reply to this about your thoughts on releasing an alpha version of the map after I finish a continent.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 05:58:18 PM by evilhorse »

Offline evilhorse

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2011, 02:59:18 PM »
Good day my fellow minecrafters. Well, the 1.8 update has brought upon a wealth of problems that has hindered my progress.

First, I realized that none of my mods will no longer work. So, no biggy. I could work without the mods.

After a few seconds of working without the mods, I realized this will take far longer than it should. Because y'know, walking sucks. And so does having to build thousands of blocks needlessly for scaffolding. So I decided to try and convert my survival map into a creative map. I spent about an hour trying to do it, but the only way I could do it is to use MC edit to copy-paste my survival world into a new creative world.

So I did that. This took 7 hours people... 7....

Then when I went on my new creative mode map, the creeper really hit the fan. Because I use a flat desert map, the game must of assumed that it was unoccupied and unregenerated land. So kindly decided to spawn thousands of cacti and desert lakes everywhere, regardless of whether I'd built on it or not. As a result, massive holes blemished my beloved structures. All of them.... Cacti where growing inside of houses, in some cases, entire rooms where erased.

So I took some time to rebuild, and improve the old buildings. Now that is all done, and I'm getting used to creative mode. I don't like the creative mode, I must say. I prefer the mods, but that might just be me. The flymod was much better, it didn't add momentum into the mix, and had two speed options. The creative flying makes you overshoot everything ever. And only has 1 speed option... Reaalllllyyy slow.

I'll just have to get used to it. Stay tuned for more pictures soon.

Offline MrVovo

• Supporter
  • You just lost the game.
  • Minecraft Username: MrVovo
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2011, 03:30:43 PM »
After a few seconds of working without the mods, I realized this will take far longer than it should. Because y'know, walking sucks. And so does having to build thousands of blocks needlessly for scaffolding. So I decided to try and convert my survival map into a creative map. I spent about an hour trying to do it, but the only way I could do it is to use MC edit to copy-paste my survival world into a new creative world.
You know you can change your map to creative with NBTEdit :S
  • My Minecraft Server Address: McSchematics Server 67.27.127.226:25565

Offline evilhorse

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2011, 04:21:32 PM »
You know you can change your map to creative with NBTEdit :S

Open your original survival map with MCedit. press Ctrl-A to select the entire map. Save it as a schematic. Or just press Ctrl-C if you're brave enough, and sure MCedit won't crash on you.

Then go into minecraft, and create a new creative map. Once you've done that, import the schematic of your old map, and paste it into your new creative map.

Makes sure to copy air, and copy water. Viola :)

As I said, the time it takes depends entirely on how big your survival map was.

Advertisement

Hey! If you use AdBlock, please disable it on our website, advertisements keep the website running and we promise not to obstruct your view. Our ads are chosen by Google based on your interests.