• Online Today: 365
  • Online Ever: 1642
  • (August 14, 2014, 05:49:01 PM)
Users Online
Users: 6
Guests: 317
Total: 323

YOU ARE NOT LOGGED IN TO THIS WEBSITE

Please login to your account, or register a new account if you do not have one.  When you view this website without logging in, you are viewing this site in "Guest" mode and you will not be able to see any images and more importantly, won't be able to download any schematics that our members have made available on MCSchematics.com

- Thank you -

This message will go away when you are logged into an account on this site.

317 Guests, 6 Users

ENJOYING THE VIEW?

Thanks for stopping by McSchematics.com, home to over 10,000 schematics!

After choosing some schematics to download from our wide variety of schematics available to you, please feel free to enlarge this collection by including your own builds, be it complete ones or simply parts or pieces of a larger build that never came to fruition. Who knows? Maybe your schematic(s) will at the top of the frontpage for the whole world to see.
Topic rating:
  • Currently 3.50/5

Author Topic: New Award Ideas  (Read 170543 times)

Offline Jetkidish

• Minecraft Username: Jetkidish
New Award Ideas
« on: February 11, 2011, 11:07:05 AM »
Vote for the top three awards YOU would like to see come to the forums, and we'll try to add them to the site

MCSchematics

New Award Ideas
« on: February 11, 2011, 11:07:05 AM »

Please login to your account, or register a new account if you do not have one.  When you view this website without logging in, you are viewing this site in "Guest" mode and you will not be able to see any images and more importantly, won't be able to download any schematics that our members have made available on MCSchematics.com

- Thank you -

Dynd

Re: New Award Ideas
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2011, 11:11:16 AM »
I voted nothing, but definitely not the 500 post one. That will decrease post quality because people will try to make as many posts possible, even if the post has no value to the thread at all.

MCSchematics

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2011, 11:11:16 AM »

Offline Arcaida

• Supporter
  • There's A Charlie In The Bushes
  • Minecraft Username: BrokenAsylum
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2011, 11:13:40 AM »
I voted nothing, but definitely not the 500 post one. That will decrease post quality because people will try to make as many posts possible, even if the post has no value to the thread at all.

You could've voted for something anyways
even at a spam rate, with a 15 second minimun between posts, it takes a VERY long time
A Day Without Sunshine Is Like, Well, Night.

Offline Jetkidish

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2011, 11:14:46 AM »

They're just ideas, honestly, no need to troll.
Other suggestions are welcome, but I don't see you posting anything.
And even if people spam, it takes a long time to get to 500, and I doubt peoples post quality would decrease.

Offline timo0060

• Minecraft Username: timo0060
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2011, 11:15:46 AM »

First off, the 500 posts must be vaild ones and not cheap ones. Second, you should have voted for at least one thing, and they're just suggestions.
  • My Minecraft Server Address: In my head.... And there it shall stay
Do you play BFBC2 on PC? Then add me, timo0060 and we can be buddddddiiiieeess :D .... I'm a n00b so don't pick on me please :)

Can't touch this!!!!..... Alright fine...

Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thetimo0060?feature=mhum

Offline papab3ar

• Minecraft Username: papab3ar
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2011, 11:17:54 AM »
I went with the creeper one ( i think its pretty funny). crafter. and da vinci.
These are good idea's because it makes the community work harder because everyone likes being acknowledged for there hard work.
Oh and an idea for the creeper award pic is have a creeper standing right behind a minecraft person i think that would be awesome

Offline timo0060

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2011, 11:20:28 AM »
Oh and an idea for the creeper award pic is have a creeper standing right behind a minecraft person i think that would be awesome

I like that idea. I say that is should look something like a scene in a minecraft youtube animation. Not only is it funny, but it makes sense :P

Do you play BFBC2 on PC? Then add me, timo0060 and we can be buddddddiiiieeess :D .... I'm a n00b so don't pick on me please :)

Dynd

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2011, 11:22:33 AM »
They're just ideas, honestly, no need to troll.
Other suggestions are welcome, but I don't see you posting anything.
And even if people spam, it takes a long time to get to 500, and I doubt peoples post quality would decrease.
I don't think you fully understand the definition of trolling, sir.
But I voted for Gold Digger, as same thing from my previous post applies to the Crafter suggestion.

Hmm... perhaps an award for posting a schematic of every category.

Offline papab3ar

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2011, 11:29:10 AM »
Just saying that video is hilarious if we did that as an award I would die laughing every time I saw it

I don't think you fully understand the definition of trolling, sir.
But I voted for Gold Digger, as same thing from my previous post applies to the Crafter suggestion.

Hmm... perhaps an award for posting a schematic of every category.

And even if he does come off as rude the way he/she say it. That could be a nice award you could call it the "jack of all trades"

Offline Jetkidish

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2011, 11:32:47 AM »
Just saying that video is hilarious if we did that as an award I would die laughing every time I saw it

And even if he does come off as rude the way he/she say it. That could be a nice award you could call it the "jack of all trades"

I agree with both the name and idea, but the fact that someone would come and say that they didn't vote for any and then just begin trashing our ideas is offensive
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 12:18:36 PM by Jetkidish »

Offline papab3ar

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2011, 11:35:35 AM »
I agree with both the name and idea, but the fact that someone would come and say that they didn't vote for any and then just begin trashing our ideas is offencive

I completely understand I just didn't want the idea to get lost or tossed aside because of the disagreement.

Offline City Builder

• Staff
  • R.I.P Weston - Nov 25, 2005 - July 15, 2010
    • MineCraft Schematics
  • Minecraft Username: CityBuilder
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2011, 11:39:43 AM »
Just to interject here... I wouldn't call what Dynd wrote as trolling.  He has a valid point.

I'm sure that none of us would like to see the bandwidth used   or the cluttering of our home on the web for posts that are there for nothing other than raising their post count with posts that are useless and have no substance.

Ok.

I've not yet voted, I have to re-read the options again as I've forgotten now.  [laugh]

Eidt - Zombie, Gold Digger and Da Vinci seems like really great ideas for awards,

The Da Vinci promotes people to get involved in something creative.
Gold Digger promotes people to be helpful, entertaining, supportive or all around nice
Zombie promotes people to be online longer, and more frequently on this site, which promotes more threads, messages, stuff.

All great ideas.

« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 11:43:16 AM by City Builder »
  • My Minecraft Server Address: 69.27.127.226:25565
Minecraft Schematics at: MCschematics.com
-A growing community of Minecraft players and  (MCedit) Schematics .  Now with over 225,000+Members

I'm not a bird, I do not tweet!

Dynd

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2011, 11:54:16 AM »
I agree with both the name and idea, but the fact that someone would come and say that they didn't vote for any and then just begin trashing our ideas is offencive
First of all, I didn't vote because I couldnt choose between the five choices.
Secondly, I didn't 'trash' your ideas, I just gave my contructive opinion about one of the suggestions.

I believe you are making a problem where there isn't any.

Oh! Maybe an award for making a thread that reached 3~ pages. "Hot Topic" or something.  :mobsheep:
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 12:03:47 PM by Dynd »

Offline Jetkidish

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2011, 12:17:54 PM »
First of all, I didn't vote because I couldnt choose between the five choices.
Secondly, I didn't 'trash' your ideas, I just gave my contructive opinion about one of the suggestions.

I believe you are making a problem where there isn't any.

Oh! Maybe an award for making a thread that reached 3~ pages. "Hot Topic" or something.  :mobsheep:

Well the way me tim and arc read it, it came across as being very offensive :/
it seemed as though you were saying that you didnt like the ideas, and thats why you didn't vote.

Offline Jetkidish

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2011, 07:11:27 PM »
Okay,
So currently I am working on:

Builder - will be awarded to those that have shown a residential building of excellence
Constructor - will be awarded to those that have shown a commercial building of excellence
Architect - Awarded for a schematic that has shown planning, calculations and skill.

If I said I was doing anything else, please remind me, because I have lost track of some of the awards I agreed to :/
After a few days, we'll select the top few awards from the poll and make those too.
If anyone has any other suggestions, please let me know, and I'll run it by City Builder if its a good idea :D

Offline papab3ar

« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2011, 10:25:35 PM »
Had an idea so ill put it up here before I forget

"perfectionist"
awarded for getting all schematic awards
or
awarded for getting a certain number of awards like 5 or 10 or something
just a thought :)

Offline timo0060

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2011, 11:55:19 PM »
Had an idea so ill put it up here before I forget

"perfectionist"
awarded for getting all schematic awards
or
awarded for getting a certain number of awards like 5 or 10 or something
just a thought :)

This guy has some brilliant ideas, we should have an award for those who contribute good ideas to further better this great site. I don't know what it would be called, but it would give an individual pride in knowing that they helped improved the site. Just a thought :D

dtr06

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2011, 12:37:27 AM »
The award award, for making the Awards, we can call it an Awardist, and I shoudl get one for making the award award award

Offline timo0060

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2011, 06:49:41 AM »
The award award, for making the Awards, we can call it an Awardist, and I shoudl get one for making the award award award

You are a smart person and therefore, if this award award is created, hopefully they'll give one to you for your ideas :P

Joseph

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2011, 08:37:09 AM »
They're all too good!

Advertisement

Hey! If you use AdBlock, please disable it on our website, advertisements keep the website running and we promise not to obstruct your view. Our ads are chosen by Google based on your interests.