Minecraft Schematics

Support MCSchematics

Please consider donating what you can to keep MCSchematics.com running and free for all.  All donations, no matter how small or large are helpful and appreciated. Your donations go towards helping to offset the costs of running this site as well as keeping it Free for everyone. Relatively few members donate (compared to the 204,000+ members we have not even 0.01% donate)  so your donation could mean the difference between MCS being here tomorrow or not. Donation page
 Thank you,
 -CB-

Recent

NOT RECEIVED YOUR NEW MEMBER ACTIVATION EMAIL, READ THIS.

There was a problem with our email server on Feb 28 and March 1st that would affect a possible 400+/- new member registrations. If you have not received your new member activation email, please click the link below and read the information provided. http://www.mcschematics.com/index.php?topic=15079 This message will go away when you are logged into your account, it is only visible to guests.

YOU ARE NOT LOGGED IN TO THIS WEBSITE

Please login to your account, or register a new account if you do not have one.  When you view this website without logging in, you are viewing this site in "Guest" mode and you will not be able to see any images and more importantly, won't be able to download any schematics that our members have made available on MCSchematics.com

- Thank you -

This message will go away when you are logged into an account on this site.

773 Guests, 44 Users

Author Topic: MCEdit on MineCraft Server  (Read 21205 times)

Offline Wolf Trait

MCEdit on MineCraft Server
« on: June 30, 2011, 02:34:41 AM »
Because of the fact that I'm new to the whole MCEdit thing I've come to ask a question. Can you use MCEdit on your own server? I would be very thankful for an answer.
-Wolf Trait

Minecraft Schematics

MCEdit on MineCraft Server
« on: June 30, 2011, 02:34:41 AM »

Please login to your account, or register a new account if you do not have one.  When you view this website without logging in, you are viewing this site in "Guest" mode and you will not be able to see any images and more importantly, won't be able to download any schematics that our members have made available on MCSchematics.com

- Thank you -

Offline Neroxyl

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
    Attack Member
  • Infinity is that what we humans fail to understand
  • Awards This member has had a schematic downloaded over 1,000 times.
    • Awards
  • Minecraft Username: The-architect
Re: MCEdit on MineCraft Server
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2011, 02:42:41 AM »
yes you can!
if you'd toggled your permissions correctly, you have some sweet new options, type /help ingame to see what those options are, however ill give you a few now:
!! Note the double or singe / !!

-  //wand  gives you a wooden axe, to select regions with and edit with
-  //hsphere BlockID Radius gives you a hollow sphere, if you'd want a stone FILLED  30 broad sphere you type //sphere 1 30
Same goes for all other shapes
-  //undo undo last action

goodl luck!

Offline UndeadJesus

Attack Member
    Attack Member
  • Get In Mah Van! (I Have Candy)
  • Awards Spend a total of more than 2 weeks logged into the site
    • Awards
  • Minecraft Username: UndeadJesus
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2011, 02:48:45 AM »
You can use MCEdit on a server map but not when it's online

yes you can!
if you'd toggled your permissions correctly, you have some sweet new options, type /help ingame to see what those options are, however ill give you a few now:
!! Note the double or singe / !!

-  //wand  gives you a wooden axe, to select regions with and edit with
-  //hsphere BlockID Radius gives you a hollow sphere, if you'd want a stone FILLED  30 broad sphere you type //sphere 1 30
Same goes for all other shapes
-  //undo undo last action

goodl luck!

Those are WorldEdit commands. WorldEdit is basically MCEdit for servers
We are McSchematics. We are Legion. We do not forgive. We do not forget. Expect us.

You cannot hide; we are everywhere. We cannot die; we are forever. We're getting bigger every day--and solely by the force of our ideas, sexy and awesome as they often are. If you want another name for your opponent, then call us Legion, for we are many.

I AM JESUS REINCARNATED! HEAR ME ROAR!
"POTATOES ARE THE SEX"
I came to play minecraft and kick creeper, and i'm all out of creeper

Offline algia

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2011, 03:45:23 AM »
Or you can just hit Cntrl O and find the level.dat for your server world (and also the rest of your server),
For example mine (was) desktop/minecraft/server/World
then your good to go
My Schematic archive: http://www.mcschematics.com/index.php?topic=8940.msg61174#msg61174
Brand new! Akorrimholm, the Great Hall. [guild hall/mead hall.]. http://www.mcschematics.com/index.php?topic=12202

Offline Wolf Trait

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2011, 02:11:17 PM »
Okay. I'm sorry. I'm getting confused now. So are you able to use MCEdit on your own online server?

Offline algia

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2011, 02:15:02 PM »
yes, so long as the server Is Offline while you edit, Just open McEdit, Open world-> go to server Files/folder. Hit the Level.dat.

If your server is not offline it might corrupt the save.
For online editing get world edit.
My Schematic archive: http://www.mcschematics.com/index.php?topic=8940.msg61174#msg61174
Brand new! Akorrimholm, the Great Hall. [guild hall/mead hall.]. http://www.mcschematics.com/index.php?topic=12202

Offline Sq2000

• Supporter
    Attack Member
    Attack Member
  • Awards This member has had a schematic downloaded over 1,000 times.
    • Blink New Media
    • Awards
  • Minecraft Username: Squatch2000
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2011, 02:41:58 PM »
To use mcedit on an online world, you need to download the world from the server to your computer first and then use mcedit the same way you would for a single player world. When you are done editing, you need to upload the world back online to see it on the server.
Continuing on with my lifelong obsession with games that have the word "Craft" in the title...

Offline Wolf Trait

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2011, 01:35:06 AM »
Okay. So quick question on servers. If you make a server and make every thing on single player then go to multiplayer will everything you've made still be there? If so than can you use mcedit like that?

Offline neiro

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2011, 03:58:47 AM »
Yes. The only appearent differences between single and multiplayer is, that your singleplayer character is saved in the level.dat and multiplayer in seperate files.
your world is saved in the regions folder along with seed information etc in the level.dat

so just alter your config file for your server to point at the level you want with the seed you used, and bam. done.
Avid Minecrafter since ... may.
Running a server for friends because I can.
Single & looking :p