• Latest: jonpeal
Stats
  • Total Posts: 95579
  • Total Topics: 14106
  • Online Today: 313
  • Online Ever: 1642
  • (August 14, 2014, 05:49:01 PM)
Users Online

Didn't receive your new user activation email?

New user registration is currently broken.  We are looking into finding a resolution to the problem which is basically when you register our servers are not sending out the activation email.  If you've registered between Nov 13th and now, you will not have received the activation email.  Again, we are looking for a resolution to this issue.  Thank you for your patience.

EDIT: As of now (nov 23th), it appears to have been resolved. Sorry for the long wait, and welcome! Attempt logging in again, and resend the confirmation email.

This message will be removed if it proves to be reliable again.

YOU ARE NOT LOGGED IN TO THIS WEBSITE

Please login to your account, or register a new account if you do not have one.  When you view this website without logging in, you are viewing this site in "Guest" mode and you will not be able to see any images and more importantly, won't be able to download any schematics that our members have made available on MCSchematics.com

- Thank you -

This message will go away when you are logged into an account on this site.

286 Guests, 11 Users

Poll

Should I upload the unfinished schematic?

Yes
13 (76.5%)
No
4 (23.5%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Topic rating:
  • Currently 4.29/5

Author Topic: Stargate:Univervse Ancient ship Destiny(Updated:Schematic Available For Download  (Read 34725 times)

Offline AuburnTiger

• Minecraft Username: AuburnTiger
Here is my First attempt at using Binvox. I thought it turned out well, the only down side is i forgot to hollow it out XD
Its a work in progress, I will update as often as i can

If anyone is a fan of the show and wants to help out let me know and i will send you a save file :mobnotch:

HERE IS A BASIC VERSION OF THE SHIP. I HAVE DONE A COUPLE OF DIFFERENT VERSIONS BUT I dont which i like best so i just decided to upload the base version
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 07:24:27 PM by AuburnTiger »

Offline AuburnTiger

Re: Stargate Univervse Ancient ship Destiny
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2011, 08:36:51 PM »
 Well I originally thought I might just cause it was such a pain in the creeper to render and import just right. But after an hour of trying to use mc edit to manually delete I gave up had a glass of port and decided it would be much easier to just try and rerender it with the hollow settings. Now I just have to figure out how to do it correctly >_<
This started out as an incomplete google sketch file so it took me a while to get it to convert to something binvox could read. Also the original has some thin sides that the down command seems to mess up. It probably would also help if I actually knew what I was doing instead of the "try->fail->google it -> stare blankly at screen-> google some more-> try again" cycle I am currently using;P

Offline ixiboneheadixi

• Supporter
  • Minecraft Username: ixiboneheadixi
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2011, 08:43:17 PM »
this looks very nice for something coming from binvox i normally hate binvox and most stuff made from it, but this is nice, this would look so amazing if someone did this by hand to det all the detail just right, or even just edited this one

Offline cartondom

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2011, 08:44:52 PM »
Lol I know the feeling of going through google for every little detail....makes project span out for a longer period of time than it was suppose to take...but keep at it and I'm sure it will look epic once you detail it out!

Offline ixiboneheadixi

• Supporter
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2011, 08:46:28 PM »
Lol I know the feeling of going through google for every little detail....makes project span out for a longer period of time than it was suppose to take...but keep at it and I'm sure it will look epic once you detail it out!
and just to add to this, please do NOT keep this stone, smooth stone is ugly lol

Offline AuburnTiger

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2011, 08:52:41 PM »
Any recommend texture packs?

Offline ixiboneheadixi

• Supporter
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2011, 08:55:23 PM »
Any recommend texture packs?
Glimmar's Steampunk 32x Texture Pack is very nice. please read the OP before downloading, lots of useful information as well as links to recommended mods, and the HD patcher, and some stuff about stealing textures. http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?t=48884

Offline cartondom

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2011, 08:57:43 PM »
Plenty of different texture packs would work for this!!....just gotta choose what you feel looks best :P

Off topic: bonehead where are you from....if you don't mind me asking?

Offline ixiboneheadixi

• Supporter
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2011, 08:58:55 PM »
Plenty of different texture packs would work for this!!....just gotta choose what you feel looks best :P

Off topic: bonehead where are you from....if you don't mind me asking?
Ontario, Canada, and where you from and why did you ask me lol, if you don't mind me asking

Offline cartondom

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2011, 09:02:11 PM »
Ontario, Canada, and where you from and why did you ask me lol, if you don't mind me asking

New Brunswick, Canada :P....I was just wondering cause you always seem to be on at the same time as me....and I remembered you saying something about being french-irish Canadian (something like that) and I'm french Canadian as well.

Offline ixiboneheadixi

• Supporter
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2011, 09:05:18 PM »
New Brunswick, Canada :P....I was just wondering cause you always seem to be on at the same time as me....and I remembered you saying something about being french-irish Canadian (something like that) and I'm french Canadian as well.
oh yeah you probably were reading one of my strongly opinionated posts about the royal family and English history when i said about me being French - Irish Canadian lol, and nice we got some Canadians on here  :D and btw so im not fully off topic, to answer the question in the poll, if you are going to finish it then no you shouldn't upload it, wait until its done, but if you want to let other people try and finish it then yes upload it

Offline cartondom

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2011, 09:07:32 PM »
 [agree]

You should turn it into a project and work on it whenever you can....and even post updates its up to you though

Offline ixiboneheadixi

• Supporter
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2011, 09:10:30 PM »
and a suggestion on waht to replace the stone with, either iron or if your using Glimmar's pack the netherrack looks amazing, its like a rusty metal plate

Offline AuburnTiger

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2011, 07:03:36 AM »
Here is an update. I have doubled the size of the original and replaced stone with iron. Issue with the schematic right now, it caused McEdit to crash 3x with a memory error. I think it is cause my bounding box is 512x512x512, so I will trim it down when i get a chance and see if that fixes the issue. Also here is an updated pic of the front with the new size. The actual dimensions are h=80 w=414 l=512. Its pretty huge, I know but i felt it was the only way to give the ship justice :) I dont think I am going to upload the schematic until it is at least a little more complete.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 01:51:33 PM by AuburnTiger »

Offline dakotacore

• Supporter
  • jaaam
  • Minecraft Username: dakotacore
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2011, 07:13:23 AM »
That thing is huge, looking really good so far  [tup]

Offline dhstyla78

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2011, 08:19:31 AM »
THAT'S AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline benny

« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2011, 02:02:36 AM »
are you going to make a schematic cause the ship looks awesome

Offline Aki Tensai

• Minecraft Username: AkiTensai
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2011, 02:40:07 AM »
Nice work.  I don't see the wording "to scale" anywhere in the description.  Is this a goal, and if so, where is your source info about the scale of Destiny?