Minecraft Schematics

Support MCSchematics

Please consider donating what you can to keep MCSchematics.com running and free for all.  All donations, no matter how small or large are helpful and appreciated. Your donations go towards helping to offset the costs of running this site as well as keeping it Free for everyone. Relatively few members donate (compared to the 204,000+ members we have not even 0.01% donate)  so your donation could mean the difference between MCS being here tomorrow or not. Donation page
 Thank you,
 -CB-

Recent

MCSchematics.com for sale

We are taking offers for MCSchematics.com, the website, content and content Mysql database, domain name etc.  If you would like to own this site, it's content, domain name etc. please send your best offer to mcschematics5@gmail.com.  Don't delay, send your best offer today.

YOU ARE NOT LOGGED IN TO THIS WEBSITE

Please login to your account, or register a new account if you do not have one.  When you view this website without logging in, you are viewing this site in "Guest" mode and you will not be able to see any images and more importantly, won't be able to download any schematics that our members have made available on MCSchematics.com

- Thank you -

This message will go away when you are logged into an account on this site.

620 Guests, 39 Users

Schematic rating:
  • Currently 5.00/5

Author Topic: MCedit information (How to open .schematic files What is Mcedit etc. etc. etc..)  (Read 70491 times)

Offline City Builder

• Staff
  • Attack: 97
    Defense: 0
    Attack Member
  • Attack: 97
    Defense: 0
    Attack Member
  • R.I.P Weston - Nov 25, 2005 - July 15, 2010
  • Awards This award is a special award to those that have added dog stories
    • MineCraft Schematics
    • Awards
  • Minecraft Username: CityBuilder
Hi,

I've seen the question come up a few times now that people are asking what do they open .schematic files with.  So here's the sticky with the information:

MCedit Homepage:
http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=15522

MCEdit is a versatile map utility, designed for moving blocks from one level to another.

• With it, you can open a level of nearly any type and fly around in glorious 3D with multiple levels of detail!
  • Select millions of blocks and clone them anywhere else in the level.
  • Fill a boxy selection with the block of your choice, or replace one kind of block with another.
  • Export blocks to a "schematic" file for later use.
  • Import a schematic or an entire level into any world using the crane.
  • Move the player or his spawn point.
  • Create and and remove chunks from the world.
  • Fill blackened areas with light. Find bugs!
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 04:16:20 PM by City Builder »
Minecraft Schematics at: MCschematics.com
-A growing community of Minecraft players and  (MCedit) Schematics .  Now with over 180,000+Members

I'm not a bird, I do not tweet!

Minecraft Schematics

Please login to your account, or register a new account if you do not have one.  When you view this website without logging in, you are viewing this site in "Guest" mode and you will not be able to see any images and more importantly, won't be able to download any schematics that our members have made available on MCSchematics.com

- Thank you -

Offline roi67

How do you Fill blackened areas with light ?
I just jizzed in ur pants

Offline blipadouzi

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
    Attack Member
  • How many Creepers have you killed lately? LOL
  • Awards This award is given to members that play on our Minecraft game server
    • Awards
  • Minecraft Username: blipadouzi
How do you Fill blackened areas with light ?

Select the area you want to light (does not need to include height)
Then select the Chunk tool (last one in the toolbar)
Select Relight option

EDIT:  Also when you save the world (CTRL-S) it automatically relights everything.

The only stupid question... is the one you don't ask!

Offline dragonmoon05

I downloaded a big map, i cant open it on MCEdit, what can i do?

Offline calo4562

• Supporter
    Attack Member
    Attack Member
  • If you read my topics, COMMENT ON THEM OR DIE!
  • Awards This member has donated to this website!
    • Biohazard Adventure Map: WIP
    • Awards
  • Minecraft Username: Calo170
It probably is too big! or maybe it isn't a .schematic, so make sure and add a .schematic to the end of the file name before you open it!
Please give me diamonds, as they will go to funding the C.S.D.P.(Creeper Spawn Destroyer Project). DOWN WITH CREEPERS! XD (Gold ingots are also accepted!)

Click on this picture please! It's my WIP Adv. Map!

Offline Darnaes

Where do I put my .Schematic files? I put them into my schematics folder but they don't show up when I try to import. Please help!

Joseph

Where do I put my .Schematic files? I put them into my schematics folder but they don't show up when I try to import. Please help!

You can put them in any folder, if you cannot find your schematic files, search your documents for MCEdit.