Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 95624
  • Total Topics: 14125
  • Online Today: 397
  • Online Ever: 1642
  • (August 14, 2014, 05:49:01 PM)
Users Online

Didn't receive your new user activation email?

New user registration is currently broken.  We are looking into finding a resolution to the problem which is basically when you register our servers are not sending out the activation email.  If you've registered between Nov 13th and now, you will not have received the activation email.  Again, we are looking for a resolution to this issue.  Thank you for your patience.

EDIT: As of now (nov 23th), it appears to have been resolved. Sorry for the long wait, and welcome! Attempt logging in again, and resend the confirmation email.

This message will be removed if it proves to be reliable again.

YOU ARE NOT LOGGED IN TO THIS WEBSITE

Please login to your account, or register a new account if you do not have one.  When you view this website without logging in, you are viewing this site in "Guest" mode and you will not be able to see any images and more importantly, won't be able to download any schematics that our members have made available on MCSchematics.com

- Thank you -

This message will go away when you are logged into an account on this site.

369 Guests, 20 Users

Author Topic: How to Roll Back your Minecraft.jar (Legally!) (Let's get this on the News? :D)  (Read 14645 times)

Offline zestytacos

• Supporter
    • youtube.com/user/edamodarna
  • Minecraft Username: Edamodarna
Hello.

I've noticed that the MCschematics server has been dead lately, and I'm assuming it's because of the 1.5 update.

In this tutorial, I'm telling you how to rollback your minecraft.jar without distributing any jars illegally.

So, let's get started!
  • First, you're going to want to backup your bin folder. (%appdata%\Roaming\.minecraft\bin)
  • Now, Click Here To download MCNostalgia. (it's a binary patcher made by one of the mods at Minecraftforum.net I forgot his name.)
  • If you haven't already, install Python 2.7.
  • And for those Mac users, get it at Python.org
  • Download the 64 Bit Version of Python 2.7 from  this location (64 Bit Version)
  • Once you've downloaded Python and installed it, download This Patch archive
    • It's a zip full of patches from the First Alpha version to Beta 1.5_01.
  • Extract the McNostalgia to a folder on your desktop, or someplace you can easily remember where you have unzipped it to. I just named it "Patcher."
  • Once there, run McNostalgia.py by either double clicking McNostalgia.py or right clicking it and choosing 'open'
    • It should open in a command window.
  • For the first 2 selections, type N (for No)
  • For the last 2, type Y (for Yes).
  • You should now be in the McNostalgia menu where it has numbers 1-5.
  • Now, you've got to find the version you want your minecraft to be from the files you downloaded in step 6 above.
  • Go back your Patches.zip, and find the folder with the version number that you wish to 'patch' to.
  • Open the folder of the version that you wish to patch to, and drag the files from that folder  into the Folder where McNostalgia resides.
  • Now, go into the command prompt (the MCNostalgia window), and type 1  to 'patch' then hit enter.
  • Profit. It should then patch, and you're good to go!
  • Then press 5 to quit the McNostalgia Program

Please, PM me with any issues.

Hope this has helped.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 02:02:55 AM by zestytacos »

Offline UndeadJesus

• Get In Mah Van! (I Have Candy)
  • Minecraft Username: UndeadJesus
Re: How to Roll Back your Minecraft.jar (Legally!)
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 12:08:45 AM »
Finally, you took long enough! :P

Everyone hurry up and come play
We are McSchematics. We are Legion. We do not forgive. We do not forget. Expect us.

You cannot hide; we are everywhere. We cannot die; we are forever. We're getting bigger every day--and solely by the force of our ideas, sexy and awesome as they often are. If you want another name for your opponent, then call us Legion, for we are many.

I AM JESUS REINCARNATED! HEAR ME ROAR!
"POTATOES ARE THE SEX"
I came to play minecraft and kick creeper, and i'm all out of creeper

Offline zestytacos

• Supporter
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2011, 12:12:25 AM »
I added some numbers to help clean it up.

Offline City Builder

• Staff
  • R.I.P Weston - Nov 25, 2005 - July 15, 2010
    • MineCraft Schematics
  • Minecraft Username: CityBuilder
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2011, 12:14:53 AM »
WARNING - CAUTION - WARNING - CAUTION WILL ROBINSON CAUTION - WARNING
The MCNostalgia program only works with vanilla minecraft.jar files.  You should also be warned that *anything* that you have saved in the .minecraft/bin folder has a chance to be removed permanently.  So if you are storing *any* files in the bin folder there is always the chance that they will be permanently removed when using this program.

I personally had many sub folders in my bin folder such as 1.26, 1.3 etc going back to the very early days of Minecraft that held customized jar files, and they were all wiped out when I 'patched' my game to 1.4_01 and are permanently gone and no way to get them back.

So do as the post above me says and make BACKUPS of your bin folder in case mcnostalgia screws up and removes the whole bin folder like it's programmed to do.

Also note that it only works with vanilla jar files, when I updated (patched) my game to 1.5 and then 'unpatched' my game back down to 1.4_01 it put in a vanilla 1.4_01 minecraft.jar file in place of the customized version of 1.4_01 that I had prior.

You have been warned.  Make your backup of the bin folder in case something goes wrong.
Minecraft Schematics at: MCschematics.com
-A growing community of Minecraft players and  (MCedit) Schematics .  Now with over 225,000+Members

I'm not a bird, I do not tweet!

Offline zestytacos

• Supporter
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2011, 12:17:16 AM »
WARNING - CAUTION - WARNING - CAUTION WILL ROBINSON CAUTION - WARNING
The MCNostalgia program only works with vanilla minecraft.jar files.  You should also be warned that *anything* that you have saved in the .minecraft/bin folder has a chance to be removed permanently.  So if you are storing *any* files in the bin folder there is always the chance that they will be permanently removed when using this program.

I personally had many sub folders in my bin folder such as 1.26, 1.3 etc going back to the very early days of Minecraft that held customized jar files, and they were all wiped out when I 'patched' my game to 1.4_01 and are permanently gone and no way to get them back.

So do as the post above me says and make BACKUPS of your bin folder in case mcnostalgia screws up and removes the whole bin folder like it's programmed to do.

Also note that it only works with vanilla jar files, when I updated (patched) my game to 1.5 and then 'unpatched' my game back down to 1.4_01 it put in a vanilla 1.4_01 minecraft.jar file in place of the customized version of 1.4_01 that I had prior.

You have been warned.  Make your backup of the bin folder in case something goes wrong.

Thank you CB, adding your quote to the post.

Offline City Builder

• Staff
  • R.I.P Weston - Nov 25, 2005 - July 15, 2010
    • MineCraft Schematics
  • Minecraft Username: CityBuilder
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2011, 12:31:44 AM »
I've tidied up your post just to make it a little easier than you already made it.

I hope you don't mind.
Minecraft Schematics at: MCschematics.com
-A growing community of Minecraft players and  (MCedit) Schematics .  Now with over 225,000+Members

I'm not a bird, I do not tweet!

Offline zestytacos

• Supporter
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2011, 12:32:13 AM »
Nope.

Thanks.