Minecraft Schematics

Support MCSchematics

Please consider donating what you can to keep MCSchematics.com running and free for all.  All donations, no matter how small or large are helpful and appreciated. Your donations go towards helping to offset the costs of running this site as well as keeping it Free for everyone. Relatively few members donate (compared to the 204,000+ members we have not even 0.01% donate)  so your donation could mean the difference between MCS being here tomorrow or not. Donation page
 Thank you,
 -CB-

Recent

NOT RECEIVED YOUR NEW MEMBER ACTIVATION EMAIL, READ THIS.

There was a problem with our email server on Feb 28 and March 1st that would affect a possible 400+/- new member registrations. If you have not received your new member activation email, please click the link below and read the information provided. http://www.mcschematics.com/index.php?topic=15079 This message will go away when you are logged into your account, it is only visible to guests.

YOU ARE NOT LOGGED IN TO THIS WEBSITE

Please login to your account, or register a new account if you do not have one.  When you view this website without logging in, you are viewing this site in "Guest" mode and you will not be able to see any images and more importantly, won't be able to download any schematics that our members have made available on MCSchematics.com

- Thank you -

This message will go away when you are logged into an account on this site.

922 Guests, 45 Users

Schematic rating:
  • Currently 4.54/5

Author Topic: Schematic2Blueprint - Featured Item Award Winner  (Read 132667 times)

Offline Klaue

Schematic2Blueprint - Featured Item Award Winner
« on: April 13, 2011, 04:14:15 PM »
Mod Edit - Awarded the Featured Item award for a program to help build in Minecraft and is of excellence

Schematic2Blueprint

Schematic2Blueprint is a program to slize MineCraft Schematic export files into single planes. Some people like I myself lack the creativity to build something great in MineCraft, but we still enjoy building stuff. With this program, it is possible to take awesome stuff other people made (and released as Schematic files) and generate a blueprint out of them for rebuilding them.
It also supports exports in either PNG images for the single layers or animated GIF files.

It is also usefull for finding hidden stuff in the schematics, for example, the Millennium Falcon (see below) contains a hidden smuggler chamber that most people probably wouldn't even expect.

A great source for such Schematic files is the website mcschematics.com

PNG Export:

The Schematic used in the screenshots is "Millennium Falcon Flying.schematic", which is, as the name implies, the Millennium Falcon from Star Wars. Megatech rebuilt it inside MineCraft and was nice enough to let people have the schematic of it, downloadable here.

Download at http://klaue.net16.net/programme/ownprogs/java/schematic2blueprint.en.php

To build this program, MCSchematicTool was used

Have fun!

PS: If you find a bug, please post it in the thread in the Minecraft Forums
« Last Edit: January 22, 2012, 11:11:56 AM by City Builder »

Minecraft Schematics

Schematic2Blueprint - Featured Item Award Winner
« on: April 13, 2011, 04:14:15 PM »

Please login to your account, or register a new account if you do not have one.  When you view this website without logging in, you are viewing this site in "Guest" mode and you will not be able to see any images and more importantly, won't be able to download any schematics that our members have made available on MCSchematics.com

- Thank you -

Offline Megatech

• Attack: 44
    Defense: 34
    Attack Member
    Attack Member
  • Punching trees gives me wood...
  • Awards This member has created artwork for this website
    • Megatech Minecraft Schematics
    • Awards
  • Minecraft Username: Megatech
Re: Schematic2Blueprint
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2011, 04:32:17 PM »
Personally I will find this great because I know that like to build things in single player to get them just right before attempting to build it on multiplayer servers and being able to see cross sections quite clearly will be AWESOME!!! haha thank you for the credit and rep for you good sir!
Also it may be an idea to figure out a way to include the file on this site :) that will get you a download count and is more trusted :)

Offline Klaue

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 04:47:26 PM »
Thanks

I can attach it here just fine, it's just that this makes updating more complicated for me ;)
---
2011/04/15: updated with color options
2011/04/18: fixed some bugs on windows and added starting scripts
 (yyyy/mm/dd - a  compromise between the weird american date format and the one used in the rest of the world ;))

NOTE: The attachment is no longer up to date. download it from the website mentioned in post 1
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 09:45:12 PM by Klaue »

Offline Megatech

Attack Member
    Attack Member
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2011, 09:21:48 PM »
ah true true :) ty for the nice program :)

Offline Pharaoh98

• Supporter
  • Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
    Attack Member
  • Give that creeper a headshot. Bitches love headshots
  • Awards This member has had a schematic downloaded over 1,000 times.
    • My Youtube Channel
    • Awards
  • Minecraft Username: Pharaoh98
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2011, 10:57:56 PM »
Totally sweet! It lets you bisect a schematic, and also lets you see how to build it!! I give you  :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: and a  [cake2]=)
RIP Vakarain; We will always remember him.

Spreading rational thinking through Harry Potter!

hpmor.com

Offline Pharaoh98

• Supporter
    Attack Member
    Attack Member
    • My Youtube Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2011, 11:06:14 PM »
Erm its just a file with a bunch of folders in it. Where's the .exe?!?!?

hpmor.com

Offline Megatech

Attack Member
    Attack Member
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2011, 12:05:20 AM »
It worked for me xD in the Rar file is a jar :p make sure u open the jar file with java binary thingo instead of Rar

Offline User Deleted Accounts

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2011, 01:55:07 AM »
What an awesome idea, recreating things sometimes without MCedit can be a giant headache..

Offline Klaue

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2011, 04:03:33 AM »
Thank you guys, nice to see I diddn't waste the time it took to build it ;)

Erm its just a file with a bunch of folders in it. Where's the .exe?!?!?
Ah I'm sorry, I assumed that since MC and many of its tools are java programs, this would be known, my bad.
Jar is a java program (or library) container, basically an exe that runs on (nearly) every operating system, but internally, it's just a spezial zip file, so some overzealous archive programs snatch that file extension and open it like a zip instead of letting java handle it.

If everything worked, you could just double-click the jar file like an exe, but it seems like one of the mentioned archive programs interfered.
You should be able to start it by opening the jar with javaw (Windows: right click -> Open with... -> Browse -> javaw.exe in the java install directory (also tick the "always open with"-box so you'll only have to double-click next time)).

Offline thebballer25

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2011, 04:36:42 PM »
It is not working for me.  When I select a .schematic to open it just sits there loading (for what I'm guessing all of eternity).  Is there something that I am doing wrong?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 04:46:13 PM by thebballer25 »

Offline Klaue

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2011, 07:09:29 PM »
It is not working for me.  When I select a .schematic to open it just sits there loading (for what I'm guessing all of eternity).  Is there something that I am doing wrong?
It has some time opening really large schematics (funny thing is, analyzing and loading it doesn't take long, just displaying it), but I guess you waited long enough (the largest schematic I tried yet hat about 5 seconds)

Now, since this prog is brand new and MC has way too many blocks, it probably still has some errors so you may have stumbled upon one.
Does that happen for all schematic files?

If not, the easiest way for me to find the error is if you would just send me the schematic you're trying to use (attach it or send it through PM or something).

If you don't want to do this for any reason, you could also start Schematic2Blueprint in the console. The probably easiest way would be to open notepad and paste the following line in it
java -jar Schematic2Blueprint.jar
and save that to the directory where you downloaded S2B to. Save as whatever.bat (chose "all files" in the save dialog's file type drop box) and then doubleclick it and try to open your schematic again. If there really is an error happening in the background, you should get it's information in the console. You can then copy-paste that to me.

Offline Pharaoh98

• Supporter
    Attack Member
    Attack Member
    • My Youtube Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2011, 12:00:13 AM »
It worked for me xD in the Rar file is a jar :p make sure u open the jar file with java binary thingo instead of Rar
??????

hpmor.com

Offline Klaue

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2011, 11:34:06 AM »
??????
If everything worked, you could just double-click the jar file like an exe, but it seems like one of the mentioned archive programs interfered.
You should be able to start it by opening the jar with javaw (Windows: right click -> Open with... -> Browse -> javaw.exe in the java install directory (also tick the "always open with"-box so you'll only have to double-click next time)).
;)

Offline Klaue

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2011, 02:38:05 PM »
I hate to doublepost, but:
I updated the program with options to chose background and gridline colors because I noticed that glass is really hard to see with the default colors but obsidian would be hard to see with black background and so on.
Also, I improved the error handling a bit. If it can't parse a schematic file, it will now at least show an error message (it was supposed to do that from the start, but it diddn't)

I also added a short howto to the website of how to use texture packs with it because some people may have a hard time recognizing the default textures if they spent much time with a texture pack ;)

Offline Eversannik

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2011, 07:31:58 PM »
im having an issue getting to work this on a mac..i double click the jar and nothin happens

Offline Klaue

« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2011, 05:36:53 AM »
I have no experience with mac, but I guess it would work the same way it works for windows - which I allready posted 2 times

Offline CtMarkster

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2011, 10:38:02 PM »
It has some time opening really large schematics (funny thing is, analyzing and loading it doesn't take long, just displaying it), but I guess you waited long enough (the largest schematic I tried yet hat about 5 seconds)

Now, since this prog is brand new and MC has way too many blocks, it probably still has some errors so you may have stumbled upon one.
Does that happen for all schematic files?

If not, the easiest way for me to find the error is if you would just send me the schematic you're trying to use (attach it or send it through PM or something).

If you don't want to do this for any reason, you could also start Schematic2Blueprint in the console. The probably easiest way would be to open notepad and paste the following line in it
java -jar Schematic2Blueprint.jar
and save that to the directory where you downloaded S2B to. Save as whatever.bat (chose "all files" in the save dialog's file type drop box) and then doubleclick it and try to open your schematic again. If there really is an error happening in the background, you should get it's information in the console. You can then copy-paste that to me.

I had exactly the same problem just now. It is however only happening with SOME schematics, not all. It got stuck when trying to load this castle here but when I stopped and tried another one, it worked fine on a second schematic.

Offline City Builder

• Staff
  • Attack: 97
    Defense: 0
    Attack Member
  • Attack: 97
    Defense: 0
    Attack Member
  • R.I.P Weston - Nov 25, 2005 - July 15, 2010
  • Awards This award is a special award to those that have added dog stories
    • MineCraft Schematics
    • Awards
  • Minecraft Username: CityBuilder
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2011, 03:35:28 AM »

Excellent - Worked great the second time.  First time it sat for what would have been infinity trying to open a schematic but the subsequent schematics that I tried opened almost immediately.

Can't quite work out the export to animated gif file yet, as with the ones I've tried it tells me it's been exported but it isn't anywhere that it should be.

Anyway, worth a sticky post for sure, and I find it to be quite useful.

Thank you for posting and creating it.
Minecraft Schematics at: MCschematics.com
-A growing community of Minecraft players and  (MCedit) Schematics .  Now with over 180,000+Members

I'm not a bird, I do not tweet!

Offline tisame

« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2011, 04:52:24 AM »
Nice program mate, really great, i normally use another similar program called MinecraftStructurePlanner, which does similar to this, but it is wuite buggy and crashes alot :) +rep for you good man

Offline Klaue

« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2011, 03:12:50 PM »
Thanks, City Builder and tisame :)

I had exactly the same problem just now. It is however only happening with SOME schematics, not all. It got stuck when trying to load this castle here but when I stopped and tried another one, it worked fine on a second schematic.
Thanks, I was now able to figure out why some schematics do not work for you guys. Technical explanation below, but if you do not care, just download it anew and start it with the provided script (windows.bat for windows))

-------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------

Explanation - optional reading:
There were two problems.
The first one was that the schematic file from CtMarkster (for example) was, with its half a million blocks, too large. The program ran out of memory trying to parse it. The default maximum memory value java programs may use is 64mb, yet to read that file, more was required. This diddn't happen for me on this machine because here, the default maximum memory a java program may use is 512mb (for reasons too complicated and offtopic to explain here) so I always had more than enough memory aviable.
I fixed this by providing start scripts that set the initial memory to reserve to 256mb and allows my prog to use up to 512mb. That should be enough for even really big schematics.
I also added an error message popup if this happened again.

The second problem was that for some reason windows diddn't recognise the image type of terrain.png. While this diddn't hurt for just displaying most of the blocks, it was a problem for every intern image manipulation like scaling, rotating, adding arrows, adding background color for exporting etc. The type of the images is now manually set to 8-bit/color RGBA. Good thing I did catch this because this could've caused a huge load of errors.
The Problem with the gif City Builder mentioned probably stemmed from the same bug, as for adding a background color, that image type was needed again.
I still advise against exporting gifs of huge schematics, as it will take what feels like several eternities
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 04:29:16 PM by Klaue »