Stats
  • Total Posts: 96237
  • Total Topics: 14179
  • Online Today: 291
  • Online Ever: 1642
  • (August 14, 2014, 05:49:01 PM)
Users Online

YOU ARE NOT LOGGED IN TO THIS WEBSITE

Please login to your account, or register a new account if you do not have one.  When you view this website without logging in, you are viewing this site in "Guest" mode and you will not be able to see any images and more importantly, won't be able to download any schematics that our members have made available on MCSchematics.com

- Thank you -

This message will go away when you are logged into an account on this site.

287 Guests, 4 Users

ENJOYING THE VIEW?

Thanks for stopping by McSchematics.com, home to over 10,000 schematics!

After choosing some schematics to download from our wide variety of schematics available to you, please feel free to enlarge this collection by including your own builds, be it complete ones or simply parts or pieces of a larger build that never came to fruition. Who knows? Maybe your schematic(s) will at the top of the frontpage for the whole world to see.

Author Topic: Problem with MCedit [Solved]  (Read 18224 times)

Offline xJaz

• Minecraft Username: xJaz
Problem with MCedit [Solved]
« on: April 11, 2011, 09:38:56 AM »
Hey Guys,
today I had some Problem with Mcedit:
I was working on a Map and wanted to duplicate something and then i saved it at McEdit and get back into Minecraft - And then this Map where i done that was just Laggy and couldn't load the map right. I tried other Maps and also deinstalled the Game and installed it, too. so please help me out - i dont want to loose the Map!
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 04:01:29 AM by xJaz »

MCSchematics

Problem with MCedit [Solved]
« on: April 11, 2011, 09:38:56 AM »

Please login to your account, or register a new account if you do not have one.  When you view this website without logging in, you are viewing this site in "Guest" mode and you will not be able to see any images and more importantly, won't be able to download any schematics that our members have made available on MCSchematics.com

- Thank you -

Offline TrynePlague

• R.I.P Gary Moore...
Re: Problem with MCedit
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 09:47:59 AM »
Hi xJaz,

-What did you duplicate?
-What was it's size?
-How did you place this duplicated item?
-And on what surface did you place it?

MCSchematics

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 09:47:59 AM »

Offline xJaz

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2011, 09:48:59 AM »
you have a pm on youtube

Offline TrynePlague

• R.I.P Gary Moore...
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2011, 09:56:38 AM »
- Ne kleine Säule
- 3x3 Höhe 4 oder 5
- export -> import
- auf double staps

Okay lol, read it. It's better to try to solve this here, as other people might have identic problems and it could help them too if we can solve it :)

The size and material doesn't seem to be the problem as it's really a little item.

You made it on another map and imported it to a new one?

Also, other maps lag too or only this one?

Offline xJaz

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2011, 10:00:14 AM »
One and only this one - copied on the same map where i pasted in

Offline xJaz

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2011, 10:02:27 AM »
i think i know why - maybe because i had let open the main menu of minecraft while i was doing that.. /;

but can i repair it?

Offline TrynePlague

• R.I.P Gary Moore...
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2011, 10:05:33 AM »
i think i know why - maybe because i had let open the main menu of minecraft while i was doing that.. /;

but can i repair it?

ah you mean the text saying close your minecraft totally every time you open mcedit? I must say, I never totally close it, the main menu is generally left open even when I go on mcedit.

What map is it? The town?

Offline xJaz

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2011, 10:12:55 AM »
its like nothing i put in ya schemtic and then made a litte way from it to the land and wanted to make a hause and just the beginning like i told you steps with these 'dont know how are the calles in english' :D

Offline TrynePlague

• R.I.P Gary Moore...
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2011, 10:15:43 AM »
Ok, when you open that map in MCEdit, does it lag too? Or does it load without problems?

Offline xJaz

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2011, 10:17:02 AM »
only at Minecraft and mcedit not (:

Offline xJaz

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2011, 10:24:26 AM »
so in minecraft yes and at mcedit No

Offline TrynePlague

• R.I.P Gary Moore...
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2011, 10:26:45 AM »
Waa mystery '.'   ...

Try out something (it helped me once), Select the whole map in mcedit and replace all fire blocks with air blocks. Sometimes for a non known reason an important zone can catch fire and results in big fps drops.

You can also check out if there is any active redstone device causing slowdowns.

Another reason can be this one : If you had at any time a large grass zone, and covered it with something else, those grass blocks need to be converted back to dirt. Depending the size of this zone it can and probably will lag ALOT ant until the very last block becomes dirt ( weird thing). This can appear even after some time and may not be the result of your last action like this import you made cause I really can't get how that could affect your fps rate..

Sometimes it is also caused by too many torches, alot of falling water, lava, sand, gravel. Huge zones of decaying leaves also.. there can be many reasons in effect lol..

You should check out all those possibilities first.

Offline xJaz

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2011, 10:47:26 AM »
you have again a private message - would be cool when u look over the map.. i never moved far away of the real spawn so no fire i think because this fire just activated when i was already there also converted grass to dirt... i dk what is to do. and its right now eisier for me to write german with you. if  i done the problem i will make a final post where i show u how to do this, too.

Offline TrynePlague

• R.I.P Gary Moore...
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2011, 10:50:22 AM »
Okay :)

Offline TrynePlague

• R.I.P Gary Moore...
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2011, 01:11:14 PM »
Okay, the problem was, some chunks in the map were for a mysterious reason corrupted. I have been able to export the constructions inside those chunks and replace the whole structure on a new map. I send it to you on youtube.

Tell me if any problem persists :)

Offline TrynePlague

• R.I.P Gary Moore...
Re: Problem with MCedit [Solved]
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2011, 04:53:23 AM »
We solved it on youtube in PM as speaking german won't help many people here.

So again, the map was corrupted and it was "maybe" because of an active grass blocks area being recovered with many dirt blocks. I have had a similar issue once. The problem is that those recovered grass blocks need to transform back to dirt AND the new dirt blocks placed on top of those grass blocks need to transform into grass.. While this process is active and you save your game to go back to mcedit, the save may become corrupted due to mcedit not being able to understand and saving correctly those active blocks in their actual state.

So, for those who want to recover grass, please keep in mind, always replace those grass blocks with any other non active blocks (like stone f.e.).

Offline xJaz

« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2011, 10:28:36 AM »
Thanks to Tryne for helping me out :D

Offline Eagle

« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2011, 11:56:36 AM »
We solved it on youtube in PM as speaking german won't help many people here.

You'd be surprised ;)

What I didn't get was how the error got visible. I have an issue with an all standard SP map (made in 1.2.1) which has over 20MB today, which keeps crashing and also having alot of lag. Could bigger cacti farms be the reason of that, too?

Offline TrynePlague

• R.I.P Gary Moore...
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2011, 12:09:03 PM »
All the reasons in my Reply #11 can be the cause. But of course sometimes it just gets corrupted without reason...

If you wanna find out the reason, you need first to find where the problem lies. Place your char far away from the lagging zone using mcedit and then try to get close to it in minecraft step by step until it begins to lag. Then you wait to see if the lag persists or if it gets better with time (fraps helps there). If the fps rate gets better you go on closer.

That's how I found out his corrupted chunks. When I got close to those, all the animals inside the chunk were like paralyzed and didn't move and as I entered one of those chunks I got paralyzed myself lol.

Advertisement

Hey! If you use AdBlock, please disable it on our website, advertisements keep the website running and we promise not to obstruct your view. Our ads are chosen by Google based on your interests.