• Online Today: 317
  • Online Ever: 1642
  • (August 14, 2014, 05:49:01 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 312
Total: 314

YOU ARE NOT LOGGED IN TO THIS WEBSITE

Please login to your account, or register a new account if you do not have one.  When you view this website without logging in, you are viewing this site in "Guest" mode and you will not be able to see any images and more importantly, won't be able to download any schematics that our members have made available on MCSchematics.com

- Thank you -

This message will go away when you are logged into an account on this site.

312 Guests, 2 Users

ENJOYING THE VIEW?

Thanks for stopping by McSchematics.com, home to over 10,000 schematics!

After choosing some schematics to download from our wide variety of schematics available to you, please feel free to enlarge this collection by including your own builds, be it complete ones or simply parts or pieces of a larger build that never came to fruition. Who knows? Maybe your schematic(s) will at the top of the frontpage for the whole world to see.

Author Topic: CoinHive  (Read 774 times)

Offline chris_61

• MCBuffalo
  • Minecraft Username: chris_61
CoinHive
« on: November 19, 2017, 04:52:25 PM »
Question, why is this website running a Crypto Miner in the background (Coinhive) without it's users knowledge?

MCSchematics

CoinHive
« on: November 19, 2017, 04:52:25 PM »

Please login to your account, or register a new account if you do not have one.  When you view this website without logging in, you are viewing this site in "Guest" mode and you will not be able to see any images and more importantly, won't be able to download any schematics that our members have made available on MCSchematics.com

- Thank you -

Offline Scaget

• Staff
  • I am never late, everyone else is just early.
    • The News
  • Minecraft Username: Scaget
Re: CoinHive
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2017, 09:03:57 PM »
The website owner most likely added coinhive to make more money off of this website. I don't personally control any of that even though I'm an admin, I'm more of a glorified janitor that cleans up the crap that rolls into town. You can block coinhive by having a sufficient adblocker like ublock plus. Whether or not you let the website have it's way with you I don't really care, I'm not the one who is making money or paying for the server to begin with.

MCSchematics

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2017, 09:03:57 PM »

Offline chris_61

• MCBuffalo
  • Minecraft Username: chris_61
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2017, 05:26:24 AM »
Kind of shady considering you are not informed and most people won't know about their pc's being used to get Cypro Currency not only that but the website has ads on it in the first place!

Offline Scaget

• Staff
  • I am never late, everyone else is just early.
    • The News
  • Minecraft Username: Scaget
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2017, 12:28:54 AM »
welp, like I said, I don't control any of that I'm pretty low tech for web tech stuff, I never even heard of CoinHive or it's ilc before you posted about it. I know there are ads, I unwhitelisted this website because I didn't like the ads it was showing me (I volunteer my time to 'police' this place so I'm not going to bother looking at ads for them).

As mentioned above, just get a good adblocker and it should be able to catch CoinHive, it's the more elusive mining software that's the problem when you encounter it.

Advertisement

Hey! If you use AdBlock, please disable it on our website, advertisements keep the website running and we promise not to obstruct your view. Our ads are chosen by Google based on your interests.