Stats
  • Total Posts: 96208
  • Total Topics: 14176
  • Online Today: 609
  • Online Ever: 1642
  • (August 14, 2014, 05:49:01 PM)
Users Online

YOU ARE NOT LOGGED IN TO THIS WEBSITE

Please login to your account, or register a new account if you do not have one.  When you view this website without logging in, you are viewing this site in "Guest" mode and you will not be able to see any images and more importantly, won't be able to download any schematics that our members have made available on MCSchematics.com

- Thank you -

This message will go away when you are logged into an account on this site.

578 Guests, 6 Users

ENJOYING THE VIEW?

Thanks for stopping by McSchematics.com, home to over 10,000 schematics!

After choosing some schematics to download from our wide variety of schematics available to you, please feel free to enlarge this collection by including your own builds, be it complete ones or simply parts or pieces of a larger build that never came to fruition. Who knows? Maybe your schematic(s) will at the top of the frontpage for the whole world to see.
Topic rating:
  • Currently 4.94/5

Author Topic: Poseidon Award Winner: Underwater City - Lumina Nocturnale  (Read 118278 times)

Offline TrynePlague

• R.I.P Gary Moore...
Poseidon Award Winner: Underwater City - Lumina Nocturnale
« on: March 15, 2011, 12:53:53 PM »
Here comes my 6th project and also the biggest one so far. The whole thing took me 3 entire weeks to be done and still lacks alot of ideas I could have implemented. Gonna keep them for the next one I guess.

The projects name is "Lumina Nocturnale" and is supposed to be sort of an underwater city. Like my last creations, this one involves alot of art/design elements, sometimes inspired from existing sources, most of time imagined by myself. Size of the city is, at his base, 250 meters long and as many wide. It contains 7 districts of various design up to 6 floors for the highest one.

I don't have enough space here to post all my pics, too many. I suggest you to watch the movie to see more details and of course get the shematic.

Soundtrack list can be found at the end of the movie.

Size of shematic : 500x500x70

Texture pack : Misa's HD 64x64

Have fun :)

EDIT: If you have issues placing it into your server, try out j2ther's 4-part version of Lumina Nocturnale at page 6 post reply #83. Thanks to j2ther :)

Download link for the movie added after request :

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FD6CGT94

Mod Edit - Awarded the Poseidon award
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 08:41:45 AM by TrynePlague »

MCSchematics

Poseidon Award Winner: Underwater City - Lumina Nocturnale
« on: March 15, 2011, 12:53:53 PM »

Please login to your account, or register a new account if you do not have one.  When you view this website without logging in, you are viewing this site in "Guest" mode and you will not be able to see any images and more importantly, won't be able to download any schematics that our members have made available on MCSchematics.com

- Thank you -

Offline Apedreado

• My DeviantArt Page
Re: Underwater City - Lumina Nocturnale
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 01:09:26 PM »
This is awesome, thanks for sharing it :D

so.. if its got a 70H, does that mean that the water from it will be 6 levels higher than sea level?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 01:18:50 PM by Apedreado »
Apedreado's Schematic Archive

It would be appreciated if people, who are new to the forums, check out stickied posts, like CityBuilder's posts: MCEdit Information and Community Rules

MCSchematics

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 01:09:26 PM »

Offline TrynePlague

• R.I.P Gary Moore...
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 01:28:23 PM »
No water is at regular level ,I just made the shematic selection zone 70 H .
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 02:03:39 PM by TrynePlague »

Offline jimmy169

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2011, 03:42:23 PM »
OMG...argh, I have to go to school, and I have to study tomorrow...I just want to take a vacation and go through this entire underwater city...is it Christmas?  I swear this place is Christmas every day of the year! 

Offline darkxlegacy

• Supporter
  • Minecraft Username: SilentRecon
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2011, 06:37:41 PM »
This is absolutedly beautiful  :diamond:. I have one question though, it seems dark at some points, but is the light level in the whole structure maintained at above 7? (so  :mobcreeper: :mobskeleton: :mobzombie: don't surprise me when i'm walking around the base)

Offline TrynePlague

• R.I.P Gary Moore...
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2011, 03:37:24 AM »
No, there are some spots where mobs could spawn I suppose, but I don't play with mobs.. and the lightning is done to maintain an ambient I want to create. =)

Offline blipadouzi

• How many Creepers have you killed lately? LOL
  • Minecraft Username: blipadouzi
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2011, 04:33:32 AM »
Very impressive... I am definitely adding this to my water biome when I get home.

The only stupid question... is the one you don't ask!

Offline TrynePlague

• R.I.P Gary Moore...
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2011, 04:56:18 AM »
Thanks ^^ . Common ppl comment this and tell me your impressions in order to improve futur creations!

Offline Steam_Punker

• Supporter
  • Minecraft needs Ctrl + Z...
  • Minecraft Username: Steam_Punker
Re: Release : Underwater City - Lumina Nocturnale
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2011, 07:01:10 AM »
16.7 MILLION BLOCKS! Whoa!

This is absolutely amazing! I love the stepped entrance, it looks awesome. And the water feature near the entrance is cool too.

This is too massive to explore all of it tonight, but I'll tell you what I think of the rest of it when I do.

Nice work man@!

Offline sirsimsey

• We're the tunnel snakes, and we rule.
  • Minecraft Username: Blahblahblack
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2011, 09:34:21 AM »
THIS IS SOOOO AWSOME!!!! 500 BY 500 FFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!  :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: TO YOU!
Lighthouses rule, if you don't like lighthouse's you suck.

Offline jimmy169

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2011, 09:55:58 AM »
Can anyone suggest tips on how to put this in with good allignment.  Should I create a box 500 by 500 by 70, put the top directly underwater and use the fill option to just fill everything with water, to clear the area.

Also I was thinking of then going above the water and just hitting the delete key for everything at the top.  Do you guys have any good ways of importing this neatly with a simple yet thorough technique.  I'm still trying to get the hang of mcEdit, and importing the sheer size of this is a hell of a task. 

Offline TrynePlague

• R.I.P Gary Moore...
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2011, 10:08:15 AM »
hmm I didn't try to import it myself on a new map to try it out but it should be basically easy to import this. All you have to do is to align the shematic with the very bottom of the map. The highest point of the city is exactly at sea level ( 64 blocks from bottom ) . The 70 block high doesn't mean the water level is above the rest of the ocean in minecraft. It is only the height of my selection zone in MCEdit to export the shematic.

Offline jimmy169

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2011, 10:16:16 AM »
Ah ok thank you.  So just to make sure I have this correctly, when I import it, I'll go down to the bottom view, and move it down until I can see the green highlighted boxes highlighting the 1st layer of unbreakable blocks, or is it right over the first layer of unbreakable rocks so I don't fall through. 

Sorry for the silly sounding questions, it just takes so long to load on my computer that I figured it would be easier to just align it from top or bottom first correctly, and then after waiting for it all to load, to start deleting the top of the water that has land.  I just hope to get it right the first time because of the time it will take to load and light. 

Offline TrynePlague

• R.I.P Gary Moore...
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2011, 10:20:51 AM »
Exact, align it with the very first layer as it is build on this one. Another easy way is to align the water level with the sea level in your map, exactly the same.

Offline jimmy169

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2011, 10:22:13 AM »
Ok, thanks a lot!  Again, sorry for the silly questions.   

Offline Eagle

« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2011, 10:56:31 AM »
As far as I could see, this is awesome! Unfortunately the video has contents by sony music which means that youtube forbidds playing it. Do you have the raw video also?

Offline TrynePlague

• R.I.P Gary Moore...
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2011, 11:13:35 AM »
yea i saw the video is censured in germany... I need to upload the video somewhere tomorrow and i'll send a link here to DL it.

Offline bacon

« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2011, 01:24:15 PM »
Amazing job. But i have no idea what i would do with it in my server its sooooooooooo big!

Offline TrynePlague

• R.I.P Gary Moore...
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2011, 02:09:44 PM »
Ohh and you have no idea of all those things I haven't included :O

Offline xjackxv

• Minecraft Username: xjackxv
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2011, 10:08:22 PM »
amazing was this a colaboration of a group of people :lava:

Advertisement

Hey! If you use AdBlock, please disable it on our website, advertisements keep the website running and we promise not to obstruct your view. Our ads are chosen by Google based on your interests.

anything