• Online Today: 324
  • Online Ever: 1642
  • (August 14, 2014, 05:49:01 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 322
Total: 324

YOU ARE NOT LOGGED IN TO THIS WEBSITE

Please login to your account, or register a new account if you do not have one.  When you view this website without logging in, you are viewing this site in "Guest" mode and you will not be able to see any images and more importantly, won't be able to download any schematics that our members have made available on MCSchematics.com

- Thank you -

This message will go away when you are logged into an account on this site.

322 Guests, 2 Users

ENJOYING THE VIEW?

Thanks for stopping by McSchematics.com, home to over 10,000 schematics!

After choosing some schematics to download from our wide variety of schematics available to you, please feel free to enlarge this collection by including your own builds, be it complete ones or simply parts or pieces of a larger build that never came to fruition. Who knows? Maybe your schematic(s) will at the top of the frontpage for the whole world to see.
Topic rating:
  • Currently 4.67/5

Author Topic: Medium sized church  (Read 5051 times)

Offline Rakhasa

Medium sized church
« on: May 18, 2013, 11:49:23 AM »
Another schematic from the coastal city I am building, here is the church.

It it not as pretty and complex as all those amazing cathedrals, but it is not as big, either, so you can fit it in most towns with no much problem. I am particularly fond of the tower's roof. OK, so it is not a marvel of design, but when I finished it it was the most complicated roof I had done yet, and I though it looked quite pretty.

I would like your opinion in one matter: I am not sure if I have gone overboard with the redstone blocks and the lamps. I like it, but some may think it excessive. Thoughts?

MCSchematics

Medium sized church
« on: May 18, 2013, 11:49:23 AM »

Please login to your account, or register a new account if you do not have one.  When you view this website without logging in, you are viewing this site in "Guest" mode and you will not be able to see any images and more importantly, won't be able to download any schematics that our members have made available on MCSchematics.com

- Thank you -

Offline bas_de_paljas

• Painter / sculptor / Minecrafter
  • Minecraft Username: bas_de_paljas
Re: Medium sized church
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2013, 12:34:15 PM »
I like this a lot. Youve managed to make it very lively with your diverse use of types of blocks. Im just missing a little depth on the outside. Its just straight walls now. I found stairs are very useful for this (to make gutters and such). I hope you dont mind the tip. Anywayy, I think it looks really nice and you are absolutely right about saying bigger and complexer buildings arent always more practical :D.

MCSchematics

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2013, 12:34:15 PM »

Offline Rakhasa

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2013, 04:12:51 PM »
Thanks a lot! I am very fond of this combination of sandstone and stone brick, so when one day I got a pretty peninsula and built a castle (http://www.mcschematics.com/index.php?topic=15518.0), I decided to create a small city in this style.

You are right with the flatness, through. I probably got carried away adding sandstone. I have pruned the towers a bit, and added a new layer in the two side facades. Let's see if the second try is better or worse:

Advertisement

Hey! If you use AdBlock, please disable it on our website, advertisements keep the website running and we promise not to obstruct your view. Our ads are chosen by Google based on your interests.