• Online Today: 500
  • Online Ever: 1642
  • (August 14, 2014, 05:49:01 PM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 469
Total: 472

YOU ARE NOT LOGGED IN TO THIS WEBSITE

Please login to your account, or register a new account if you do not have one.  When you view this website without logging in, you are viewing this site in "Guest" mode and you will not be able to see any images and more importantly, won't be able to download any schematics that our members have made available on MCSchematics.com

- Thank you -

This message will go away when you are logged into an account on this site.

469 Guests, 3 Users

ENJOYING THE VIEW?

Thanks for stopping by McSchematics.com, home to over 10,000 schematics!

After choosing some schematics to download from our wide variety of schematics available to you, please feel free to enlarge this collection by including your own builds, be it complete ones or simply parts or pieces of a larger build that never came to fruition. Who knows? Maybe your schematic(s) will at the top of the frontpage for the whole world to see.
Topic rating:
  • Currently 3.75/5

Author Topic: Sorting Factory  (Read 7480 times)

Offline Neruil

Sorting Factory
« on: April 16, 2013, 05:10:33 PM »
This is a Automatic sorter for your mines. This will sort out all the stuff you can mine up and some other stuff. Sorters can be added and removed. The mechanism for the sorting was made JL2579 and his friends. The item elevator was also created by another. I am not sure of his name. The rest was mine. The carts and mine setup and the placing of everything else. The Auto smelter DOSE need more work. It cant pull from the chests properly. I hope this works out for you all and makes mining a little faster.

MCSchematics

Sorting Factory
« on: April 16, 2013, 05:10:33 PM »

Please login to your account, or register a new account if you do not have one.  When you view this website without logging in, you are viewing this site in "Guest" mode and you will not be able to see any images and more importantly, won't be able to download any schematics that our members have made available on MCSchematics.com

- Thank you -

Offline Neruil

Re: Sorting Factory
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2013, 05:15:01 PM »
The Item destroyer will destroy any item that dose not have a chest in the sorting room. Red stone timer allows for 69 items to drop into the cart and be brought up to the sorting room.

MCSchematics

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2013, 05:15:01 PM »

Offline max4299

• Minecraft Username: 4299max
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2013, 05:18:32 PM »
THis is soooo awsome i wish i could make somethiing this size i might attemet to make the smelting better though and 1st download

Offline BossModeON

• If you need Redstone done, I'm your guy.
    • My Farewell Letter
  • Minecraft Username: Chronos0ne
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2013, 07:06:59 PM »
This is genius! Really great work.
Colorless green ideas sleep furiously.

Check out my schematics!
http://www.mcschematics.com/index.php?topic=14334.msg91893#msg91893

Offline Houmura

• I am Heavy Weapons Guy, and *THIS* is my weapon
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2013, 04:39:10 AM »
Man... super cool.  Could you explain perhaps the basic principles on how it all works?  Was thinking of something similar but unsure on how to implement.

Offline Neruil

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2013, 10:17:48 AM »
Sure! This is how the sorter works out a. There has to be a stack of 18 items in box one of the hopper and the 1 item in each box after. The chest with the quartz block on it keeps the items form leaving the hopper if the item gets over 18 it activates the piston lifts the block and the items move once its back at 18 the piston tuns back on and stops the flow.

Screen shot below.

And thank you to those who have enjoyed it and commented.

Offline Crazy ManMan

• Supporter
  • Minecraft Username: Crazy ManMan
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2013, 07:45:56 AM »
Can you replace the pulsing redstone loops with something else like comparators and such? Those pulse circuits lag my comp really bad.

Edit 1: also instead of burning the stuff that does not fit into any of the sorting chests can it instead all be gathered in one chest somewhere where the player can find it, that way if we accidently throw something down the wrong shoot it does not get burned up.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 09:42:25 AM by Crazy ManMan »
If you need somebody to vent/chat to my PM box is always open (or Skype if you prefer to IM). I will not judge you for what you need to get off your chest.

Offline Neruil

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2013, 02:40:19 PM »
Can you replace the pulsing redstone loops with something else like comparators and such? Those pulse circuits lag my comp really bad.

Edit 1: also instead of burning the stuff that does not fit into any of the sorting chests can it instead all be gathered in one chest somewhere where the player can find it, that way if we accidentally throw something down the wrong shoot it does not get burned up.
Yeah you change the pit into a chest if you want. You dont have to burn it. The pulsing red stone is designed to lift all the items through the water. If you know of a better item elevator please share. And if you add a off switch like I have done in the plans there turning it off will stop lag and only turn it on when you need to.

Offline Crazy ManMan

• Supporter
  • Minecraft Username: Crazy ManMan
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2013, 04:53:13 PM »
Yeah you change the pit into a chest if you want. You dont have to burn it. The pulsing red stone is designed to lift all the items through the water. If you know of a better item elevator please share. And if you add a off switch like I have done in the plans there turning it off will stop lag and only turn it on when you need to.

A better design uses comparator, repeater, and droppers to move the items up in an elevator fashion. (pics attached of how I was fixing the build you made for less lag) Also hoppers can transfer diagonally so you do not need to have all those droppers up at the top where the mine carts drop off to smelt, it just creates lag. Additionally I think it would be better if by default the items were not burned as players may not expect this and burn something they did not intend to.
If you need somebody to vent/chat to my PM box is always open (or Skype if you prefer to IM). I will not judge you for what you need to get off your chest.

Offline Neruil

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2017, 10:27:28 PM »
Can I bump my posts?

Offline Scaget

• Staff
  • I am never late, everyone else is just early.
    • The News
  • Minecraft Username: Scaget
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2017, 03:26:53 PM »
you can post whatever you want (including bumps), just don't spam. But, considering how little is posted to begin with, you can go ahead and bump every build you ever posted on here. I'm not gonna stop you.

Advertisement

Hey! If you use AdBlock, please disable it on our website, advertisements keep the website running and we promise not to obstruct your view. Our ads are chosen by Google based on your interests.