• Online Today: 376
  • Online Ever: 1642
  • (August 14, 2014, 05:49:01 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 288
Total: 288

YOU ARE NOT LOGGED IN TO THIS WEBSITE

Please login to your account, or register a new account if you do not have one.  When you view this website without logging in, you are viewing this site in "Guest" mode and you will not be able to see any images and more importantly, won't be able to download any schematics that our members have made available on MCSchematics.com

- Thank you -

This message will go away when you are logged into an account on this site.

288 Guests, 0 Users

ENJOYING THE VIEW?

Thanks for stopping by McSchematics.com, home to over 10,000 schematics!

After choosing some schematics to download from our wide variety of schematics available to you, please feel free to enlarge this collection by including your own builds, be it complete ones or simply parts or pieces of a larger build that never came to fruition. Who knows? Maybe your schematic(s) will at the top of the frontpage for the whole world to see.

Poll

If I update this to the new Redstone system in MC 1.6, will you respond to this post?

Yes, definitely
No, not really
Topic rating:
  • Currently 5.00/5

Author Topic: Redstone 101  (Read 12033 times)

Offline cheesedude66

• Supporter
  • Dragons!
  • Minecraft Username: cheesedude66
Redstone 101
« on: January 28, 2013, 12:41:37 PM »
This is a hands-on approach to learning how to use Redstone. I know there are a lot of videos out there on Youtube about it, but this method will actually have you experiencing the innerworkings of the stuff up close. It is an entire world save, so just put it in your "Saves" folder. I'm fairly certain it covers all the basics and some advanced stuff, but if I did miss anything, let me know.

MCSchematics

Redstone 101
« on: January 28, 2013, 12:41:37 PM »

Please login to your account, or register a new account if you do not have one.  When you view this website without logging in, you are viewing this site in "Guest" mode and you will not be able to see any images and more importantly, won't be able to download any schematics that our members have made available on MCSchematics.com

- Thank you -

Offline cheesedude66

• Supporter
  • Dragons!
Re: Redstone 101
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 10:01:41 AM »
6 downloads and no responses? You're leaving me hanging, people!

MCSchematics

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 10:01:41 AM »

Offline cheesedude66

• Supporter
  • Dragons!
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 04:44:37 PM »
Bump

Offline cheesedude66

• Supporter
  • Dragons!
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2013, 10:49:54 PM »
Surely, 9 people have something to say about this...

Offline qualar

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2013, 07:11:53 PM »
this is only slightly similar to mine, and a lot more descriptive. mine only has Redstone circuit designs, while yours is a fully fledged Redstone tutorial aimed at total beginners. its very nice, although it could probably be compacted into a schematic, instead of a world save.

Offline cheesedude66

• Supporter
  • Dragons!
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2013, 09:05:28 PM »
I was thinking I could have just done a schematic with this, but since MCedit screws up so badly with Redstone and doors, I thought I'd just do it this way. City Builder said it was ok, so...

Offline cheesedude66

• Supporter
  • Dragons!
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2013, 11:01:27 AM »
I got some people asking me about Redstone again, so I'm bumping this world save to help them out.

Offline noddytopper2013

• Supporter
  • Time is Money Friend
  • Minecraft Username: Noddytopper
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2013, 04:02:08 PM »
great tutorial, im going to use this to help my little brother learn redstone :D, thanks for making it :).

Offline cheesedude66

• Supporter
  • Dragons!
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2013, 04:03:57 PM »
The votes are in and I will be updating this to the 1.6 version.

And no problem, noddytopper2013! That's why I posted this tutorial. I aim to teach people about the awesomeness that is Redstone (it's in my signature, after all).

Offline cheesedude66

• Supporter
  • Dragons!
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2013, 03:08:54 AM »
OK, so here it is. The way this works is exactly the same as the first Redstone 101. In fact, I just added the new stuff into the original map. I am, however, leaving the 1.4.7 version up for those who don't have an updated Minecraft (that's in the first post). I didn't bother with screen shots because everything is the same, just updated. What is in this version:
Hoppers
Latches
New behaviors for dispensers
Comparators
And much more.

You must have at least Minecraft 1.5 to use this. Also, I have revised the world so that the errors that plusanima listed are now repaired.

Download it, extract the files, and place the entire "Redstone 101 v2" folder in your Minecraft saves folder. Have fun!

Offline plusanima

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2013, 12:43:46 AM »
Although I'm already pretty good with redstone, I must say those tutorials are really awesome! Everything is perfectly explained and very detailed, you can see the time and effort you've put into those, well done!

Btw.: Two things that didn't work on my computer:
The first horizontal double piston example had a repeater with a level 2 delay (for expanding the 2nd piston), which was too short for my minecraft (it worked with 3)...I don't know why, but I think sometimes the redstone cycletime can differ very slightly on different PCs...so I rekommend turning the delay to level 3 permanently so it'll work for everybody ;)
The other thing was the vault at the end where only the 1st piston-door opens, whereas the 2nd pistons act buggy and stay closed (olthough they aren't powered anymore)...

Ps: I'm not sure if it's useful for you, but there's an easy way to build vertical double pistons that isn't really commen (I suppose), if you like you can add it to your tutorial...
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 12:54:24 AM by plusanima »
My Schematics:
Aomatic Foundry
Castle Gate
Waterfall Entrance
City of Alera
Skull
 Cathedral
..and more...

Offline cheesedude66

• Supporter
  • Dragons!
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2013, 02:04:22 AM »
Thanks for the feedback! I'll have to look into those bugs. The bugs are fixed (repaired world in the above post as "Redstone 101 v2 fixed"). Weird, though. Everything worked fine before I posted it. I do know for a fact that there are differences in speed and timing between computers for this game. For instance, a roller coaster I made with my little brother works great on my desktop, but there are a few points at which his slow laptop fails and the ride stops working (pretty regularly, actually). Maybe there's something to the 1.5 update that messed up the stuff I built in 1.4...

The best way to add something to this would probably be to give me the schematic of the object and I'll put it into the original world. Credit would be given, and this way it would be added before everything get's changed around by going through the world (like I assume you did).

Offline Leocraft

• Minecraft Username: LeonardoCraft
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2013, 07:11:39 PM »
I want to thank you  for the world, now i have some basics and I'll know what to do with all my storage of redstone in the survival

Offline cheesedude66

• Supporter
  • Dragons!
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2013, 10:45:33 PM »
No problem! I'm happy to help! Just let me know if you need clarification on anything or if I missed anything.

Offline Outlawkitties

« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2017, 09:19:47 AM »
Thnks! I love this. I built it for my kids.  :diamond: :diamond: :diamond: :diamond:

Advertisement

Hey! If you use AdBlock, please disable it on our website, advertisements keep the website running and we promise not to obstruct your view. Our ads are chosen by Google based on your interests.