Stats
  • Total Posts: 96222
  • Total Topics: 14178
  • Online Today: 589
  • Online Ever: 1642
  • (August 14, 2014, 05:49:01 PM)
Users Online

YOU ARE NOT LOGGED IN TO THIS WEBSITE

Please login to your account, or register a new account if you do not have one.  When you view this website without logging in, you are viewing this site in "Guest" mode and you will not be able to see any images and more importantly, won't be able to download any schematics that our members have made available on MCSchematics.com

- Thank you -

This message will go away when you are logged into an account on this site.

572 Guests, 11 Users

ENJOYING THE VIEW?

Thanks for stopping by McSchematics.com, home to over 10,000 schematics!

After choosing some schematics to download from our wide variety of schematics available to you, please feel free to enlarge this collection by including your own builds, be it complete ones or simply parts or pieces of a larger build that never came to fruition. Who knows? Maybe your schematic(s) will at the top of the frontpage for the whole world to see.
Topic rating:
  • Currently 2.50/5

Author Topic: Mob Filters for Mob Grinders and the like  (Read 5650 times)

Offline Crazy ManMan

• Supporter
  • Minecraft Username: Crazy ManMan
Mob Filters for Mob Grinders and the like
« on: April 26, 2012, 11:32:58 PM »
So I made a few filters that single out specific traits certain mobs have so they can be filtered based on mob. I have a cave spider filter, a creeper filter, a filter that filters everything but cave spiders and silverfish, a filter that filters everything but creepers,  a filter that filters everything but spiders, cave spiders, and silverfish, and finally a filter that filters zombies. I recommend using them more than once in a row as occasionally they miss some, the everything but creeper filter is particularly bad at filtering cave spiders, so I recommend having a cave spider filter after it. Occasionally the filter will catch a mob that was not intended to be filtered (except the everything but creeper filter) there is little I can do about that and I added a few features on those that I could to help prevent miss-filtering. The filters will take the filtered mobs down a different path (except the cave spider filter kills a couple every now and then and the everything but creeper filter kills everything it filters). The everything but creeper filter may need to be "treated" every now and then by adding more iron golems, the creeper filter may occasionally loose a cat (by glitch), and the zombie filter may occasionally loose a villager (also by glitch).

If you have any problems or ideas for new filters, please let me know and i will do what I can.

Edit 1: I forgot to mention, these are to be added on to mob spawning structures, they do not spawn mobs themselves (at least for the most part) and also, slimes are incompatible with these filters, as they get stuck in water and move super slow (as well as varying in size)

Edit 2: I also forgot that if you are going to send silverfish down the filters, change the block types to something like dirt so that they do not dig inside the blocks to hide.

edit 3: the filter that filters all mobs except for creepers no longer works because the iron golems now kill the creepers, all other filters should still work just fine.

P.S. I almost forgot, these filters are only work for over world water proof hostile mobs (counting cave spiders as water proof even though they can not swim) and zombie pig men, everything else will either not work with the water transport system, not fit in the filer hole correctly, or in the peaceful mobs' case, not be filtered very well.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 02:51:54 PM by Crazy ManMan »
If you need somebody to vent/chat to my PM box is always open (or Skype if you prefer to IM). I will not judge you for what you need to get off your chest.

MCSchematics

Mob Filters for Mob Grinders and the like
« on: April 26, 2012, 11:32:58 PM »

Please login to your account, or register a new account if you do not have one.  When you view this website without logging in, you are viewing this site in "Guest" mode and you will not be able to see any images and more importantly, won't be able to download any schematics that our members have made available on MCSchematics.com

- Thank you -

Offline BACKPACKBACK

• Supporter
  • Custom Build? Skype: BACKPACKBACK
  • Minecraft Username: BACKPACKBACK
Re: Mob Filters for Mob Grinders and the like
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 12:31:47 PM »
These look cool. I will try adding these in to one of my mob spawning towers
I don't always build, But when I do, I use minecraft.

My Schematic Archive:

http://www.mcschematics.com/index.php?topic=13025.msg84538#msg84538

"I used to be a traveler like you, but then I found a ball of yarn. To this day I do not know what was so special about that ball of yarn."   -Win

MCSchematics

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 12:31:47 PM »

Offline Crazy ManMan

• Supporter
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 12:53:35 PM »
These look cool. I will try adding these in to one of my mob spawning towers

I got the idea when I heard about a way to use iron golems to make a creeper only grinding thing and thought maybe I can make it work for other things. I discovered how to make the cave spider filter on accident, when I was playing creative on a server and felt like release cave spiders in the ocean to find they can not swim.
If you need somebody to vent/chat to my PM box is always open (or Skype if you prefer to IM). I will not judge you for what you need to get off your chest.

Offline BACKPACKBACK

• Supporter
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2012, 01:03:51 PM »
So how does a creeper filter work?

My Schematic Archive:

"I used to be a traveler like you, but then I found a ball of yarn. To this day I do not know what was so special about that ball of yarn."   -Win

Offline loudwhitenoise

• Supporter
  • Have you played the game "To The Moon" yet?
  • Minecraft Username: loudwhitenoise
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2012, 12:49:08 AM »
He mentions cats and iron golems so I presume it would involve those ;)
Fallen off the face of the internet! Oh Noes!

Read the FAQs before posting!

Offline BACKPACKBACK

• Supporter
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2012, 06:56:19 AM »
Hmmm interesting

My Schematic Archive:

Offline Crazy ManMan

• Supporter
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2012, 02:05:00 PM »
So how does a creeper filter work?

The creeper filter uses cats to scare creepers into a separate transportation line while all other mobs ignore the cats and continue downstream. The everything but creeper filter uses iron golems, which kill all mobs except creepers.

Offline Crazy ManMan

• Supporter
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2013, 02:44:35 PM »
After some noted updates involving creepers and iron golems the everything but creepers filter no longer works because iron golems now kill creepers also.

Advertisement

Hey! If you use AdBlock, please disable it on our website, advertisements keep the website running and we promise not to obstruct your view. Our ads are chosen by Google based on your interests.